• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help ESPN Mobile TV Launches on Sprint TV, let's go easy on Sprint about NFL Mobile Live

momentoid

Android Enthusiast
Nov 11, 2009
US of A
Sprint Nextel Corporation - Investor Relations - RSS Content

Kudos to Sprint, this is coming just in time for the March Madness, which is great! I hope this has been tested for enough viewer capacity because it sure will be tested by every Sprint TV customer. I am watching Lafayette v. Lehigh game live. I can definitely wait for Sprint to prepare another app to replace NFL Mobile Live for before the Football games start.
happy.gif

Hope this is the beginning for a long season of good news from Sprint, Android 2.1 should be around the corner.
wink.gif

Seriously? You want us to forgive Sprint for losing the NFL and giving us ESPN? Verizon has had ESPN mobile on Vcast TV forever. Its more like Sprint is trying to stop the bleeding. Major loss guys, major loss...

I'm not "forgiving" Sprint for loosing the NFL app, but I'm fine with them not spending the more than $720m over 4 years that it would have taken to keep it. For the vast majority of Sprint (and Verizon) customers, the content isn't worth the price. Verizon might be happy to give those poor suffering NFL owners in their billion dollar stadiums some corporate welfare, I'm glad Sprint wasn't.

Upvote 0
You know when they dropped Fox News and all the other great channels they had last year I stopped watching Sprint TV. The only other Program I did follow was NFL Live.

Since Verizon NFL app is Android won't it just be in the market?

We'll have to wait to see, but I'm almost positive that Verizon will tie the content to the individual device so that only their subscribers have access. Maybe someone will figure out how to hack this like they did with the old at&t tv/radio app on WinMo, but I doubt it. Verizon is very good at locking down its data.

Fox news...great???:thinking:

Upvote 0
Seriously? You want us to forgive Sprint for losing the NFL and giving us ESPN? Verizon has had ESPN mobile on Vcast TV forever. Its more like Sprint is trying to stop the bleeding. Major loss guys, major loss...

I, too, am disappointed for the loss of NFL Mobile Live. But I am glad to get ESPN Live just in time for a season of NCAA March Madness, FIFA World Cup (soccer). When Football season starts again, I will miss NFL Mobile Live and hope Sprint has a good app by that time: Live, mobile versions of ABC Sports, CBS Sports, Fox Sports, NBC Sports.

Upvote 0
Does everyone forget that Sprint spent $600M to get the 5 year deal already? VZW upped the antie to $180M +/- a year (up from the current $120M that Sprint was paying) to get the existing coverage plus the NFL RedZone channel.

The fact of the matter is, Sprint is bleeding customers horribly right now. The Pre was supposed to save them - and it didn't. Now, phones like the Moment are selling well because of their aggressive pricing. My wife and I switched from Verzion last month due to the fact that for 2 Moments, our bill is 1/2 of what it was on Verizon.

Overall, Sprint won't lose me as a customer for losing the NFL, but they need to pull it from their website NOW rather than reeling new customers in with it - only to find it's gone already.

NFL.com Mobile
Sprint | NFL

This is the part that blows me away - plus I hope that Sprint will offer a small credit for losing it or maybe even an ETF free contract term so we can all go month to month instead of staying on a 2 year... lol

Upvote 0
Overall, Sprint won't lose me as a customer for losing the NFL, but they need to pull it from their website NOW rather than reeling new customers in with it - only to find it's gone already.

NFL.com Mobile
Sprint | NFL

This is the part that blows me away - plus I hope that Sprint will offer a small credit for losing it or maybe even an ETF free contract term so we can all go month to month instead of staying on a 2 year... lol

The contract probably doesn't end till the beginning of the season, so technically they can still advertise this. I agree it's deceptive and should be changed ASAP. As for the credit? Highly unlikely! Snow storm in the Sahara unlikely. A ETF free contract? You're joking...right?:p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones