1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General ESPN3 on GN: FLASH, ISP and Running

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bogaski, Jan 3, 2012.

1. bogaski

bogaski Newbie
    None

Jan 1, 2010
    So trying to run ESPN 3 on my GN. From what I have read on other posts it can be done if running off a wi-fi and a ISP that is signed up with them. However, when I try to do so, the video portion does not load but the audio does. Anyone else experience that. Second, trying to get it on 3G is a no go. I get a dialog box askng me to select the ISP but the box does not let you select. I assume this is a Flash problem? Anyone know of a workaround for ESPN 3 on 3G/4G?
    Thanks,
    GB

Advertisement

2. vthokies1996

vthokies1996 Lurker
    None

Dec 19, 2011
    I was able to get it to work by visiting watchespn.com . It was about a week ago. I was just trying to see if I could get it work since they don't have the Watch ESPN app working on ICS yet. I had both audio and video.

3. bogaski

bogaski Newbie
    None

Jan 1, 2010
    Tried it. Got the "select Provider" box. When I selected Verizon FIOS it asked me to signing with my online ID. I assume that is a log in if you have Verizon as your ISP and not as your mobile provider. BTW, yea, that what ESPN app was craptastic. Can anyone tell I am jonesing for some football at work?

4. vthokies1996

vthokies1996 Lurker
    None

Dec 19, 2011
    Yes. I have Verizon Fios as my ISP. If your ISP does not offer ESPN3 then you will not be able to use the website to access Watch ESPN.

5. bogaski

bogaski Newbie
    None

Jan 1, 2010
    I was able to access it and figured out how to do it on mobile networks with my Cox account. However, the video still does not load. Audio does.

BtW Hokie, tough loss last night.

Tags: