• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

TXBamanut

Aug 15, 2010
Let me guess...no froyo, no espn3.

The weird thing is that on other flash sites, I get a box or an icon telling me I can't use flash, but on espn3...it loads perfectly, logs me in, the video box is just blank...crap.

Any workarounds that exist....Bama is on espn3 tonight and I have a flippin' surprise birthday party to go to that I can't get out of...dangit.

Hypothetically, if you were intending to watch in on your 3G connection, you'd be SOL regardless.

ESPN3 is not available on wireless cards supported by Verizon Wireless, AT&T Wireless or any other mobile service provider.

You'd be fine on someones wireless network (say Cox or Comcast or even AT&T's home offerings), if said company is enrolled in the ESPN3 program.

Searching around, I found that Ustream.tv has an android app for "viewing" ... that may be your best bet. Probably won't be the best quality, but better then nothing, I'd wager.

Upvote 0
Well, one crisis averted, by, sadly, another...my 4 year old is running a fever, so we are out of the party.

I'll check the ustream app, but the justin.tv app won't help too much, brotha. It's not a channel watcher, it's just upload and upstream...crazy, huh? Several people were bemoaning that on the reviews of the app...like why even creat a justin.tv app that doesn't have the channel side of it?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones