1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Essential apps...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by markasherman, Aug 6, 2009.

1. markasherman

markasherman Member

Aug 5, 2009
    High school English teacher
    Denver, Colorado
    I am new to Android and love it. So far, I have followed the advice of experience and downloaded Task Killer (thanks, makes life much easier). And now what I want from more experienced users....

What are the essential apps I should download on my new MyTouch? What is fun? Essential?

I look forward to what you all have to say and hope for some lively ideas and discussion.

Thanks!

Advertisement

2. dizzygirl

dizzygirl New Member

Aug 6, 2009
    I love Calorie Counter and I love The Weather Channel apps. I think Sherpa is great. I had to have sportstap which seems pretty great but I won't use it much until football season starts. Feels great not to have to wait for blackberry to load the ESPN website. I also like the craigsphone app for craigslist people.

Not essential but fun is the twidget lite (for twitter-ers) and I really love the fmylife widget too.

3. Mormegil

Mormegil Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2009
    I just got mine a few days ago too.

I have "Craigslist", and just compared it to Craigsphone. I prefer Craigslist - as it's faster, half the size, and not as clunky IMO.

I'm trying to decide between Sherpa and Places Directory. Sherpa seems a bit slow in comparison.

I'm also comparing Shop Savvy and Compare Everywhere. So far Shop Savvy only seems to give me online prices, but I haven't really gone into a store to try it out yet, just scanning UPC codes around the house.

My must have list:
    Taskiller
    Power Manager
    Compass (I get lost sometimes)
    Google Maps (of course)
    Google Voice (if you have a Google Voice account)

4. RadFly

RadFly Member

Aug 8, 2009
    I have:

Note Everything
    ShowWayBack
    ShopSavy
    Compare Everywhere
    Where
    handyCalc
    Bubble
    iMap Weather
    A Online Radio
    Sky Map
    Toddler Lock
    Appmanager
    ASTRO
    Battery Widget
    Draw!
    GPS Status 2
    Meebo IM
    Tub Thumper
    and
    WikiMobile

Along with a few others that are not really noteworthy.

Get the HTC keyboard if have the myTouch... see forum for link... search HTC_IME.apk

JJ