1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Essential Phone - Quick Tip - Home Screen Rotation

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by NewYork_NY, Nov 1, 2017.

1. NewYork_NY

NewYork_NY Lurker
    None

Oct 30, 2017
    Since my blog talking about my favorite feature on the Essential - home screen rotation, I've received a bunch of questions on how to turn on this feature - so here goes...

Home Screen Rotation…

Activation is simple.
    There’s actually an additional ‘systems’ menu that comes up when you long press a blank space on your Home Screen.
    [​IMG]

Clicking on the Settings Cog will bring up a menu to ‘Allow Home screen rotation’ when phone is rotated. Just turn it on and you’re good to go.
    [​IMG]

That's all there is to it. Now when you rotate your Essential phone between Portrait and Landscape position the screen will rotate in kind.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Happy Home Screen Rotating all... Cheers!

Have questions about the Essential Phone? Let me know!

Rick

As part of a device ambassador program I have the glorious opportunity to test out multiple devices by multiple manufacturers and write my opinions. I am not an employee of a device manufacturer and I do not speak on behalf of any mobile carriers. My opinions are solely my own. R

Advertisement

dontpanicbobby likes this.
  2. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby Android Expert

Dec 31, 2011
    Male
    Boston MA USA
    Whose sponsiring that? Kind of reminds me of the Microsoft MVP program. I had no idea there was something similar for Android devices.

Essential Phone

Essential Phone