1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Esteem Microphone very muffled

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by SHOLUCK, Mar 18, 2012.

1. SHOLUCK

SHOLUCK Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2012
    Has anyone had a problem with their microphone being very very muffled. I tried to get it warrantied a few months ago but the metro store i went to keeps saying that they dont have any in stock. is there anything i can do to fix it or do i just need to call LG.

Advertisement

2. jvillejoe

jvillejoe Well-Known Member

If metro can't help I'd see if LG can help. Sure you would be without a phone for a while but at least they could fix the phone. I would use a back up phone if you could till you get your phone back if possible.

3. SHOLUCK

Mar 4, 2012
    i have a back up phone. lol i bought it when i drowned my Samsung galexy indulge lol. i will defiantly be going the LG route. thanks

4. jvillejoe

jvillejoe Well-Known Member

Not a problem. Let us know what happens. LG has great customer service from my experience in the past. ;)

5. n4zty

n4zty Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    if microphone sounds muffle i would suggest u checking out the microphone hole on the bottom of the phone it might be dirty i suggest u could clean it out with a sewing needle but dont stick it all the way in.

6. k1llt4c

k1llt4c Active Member

Oct 12, 2011
    I get that a lot.. :D

But in all seriousness I have had 2 different esteems and get that same complaint from people. Always saying they can barely hear me..

7. BRAINZ2013

BRAINZ2013 Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2012
    Male
    MECHANIC OBDII. NOS. FUEL INJECTION. Saving a Life
    Park Ave., HELL
    WELL I CAN AGREE ABOUT NOT HAVING ENOUGH PHONES I WAS TOLD TO TAKE MY NEW PHONE TO A CORPORATE STORE TO GET A REFURBISHED ONE.. I LAUGHED OUT FOH TO THE STORE AND SAID I THINK METRO IS PLAYING... THINK U HAVE 30 DAYS TO RETURN IF THEY DONT HAVE IN HEY WHEN 30 DAYS IS UP ..U ARE AZZ OUT CAUSE U WENT AGAINST YOUR GRACE PERIOD :D:eek:BUT THE NEEDLE WORKED VERY WELL I GET THE MOVE YOUR MOUTH AWAY FROM THE MIC A LOT :eek:

8. johnzm

johnzm Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2012
    i think its the placement of the mic. very poor. i get alot of people too that cannot hear me i cup my hand under the bottom of the phone and then no problems. how do you expect a mic with the hole aimed at the ground, to pickup voice

9. rovertech1

rovertech1 Member

Dec 14, 2011
    Land Rover Technician
    Atlanta, GA
    I have the same mic issues...theres one position that it seems to work well in...and its not the position that I naturally hold a phone, lol.

10. 9000CoD

9000CoD Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Floria
    OHHH, I had this problem my 2nd week and I automatically knew and thought to myself (I usually bring my phone with me in my bathroom so I take long showers) so I think if you took a hot shower with phone in the the bathroom the humidity entered the microphone, I fixed this by repeatedly blowing into the mic. to make sure this works correctly open voice recorder (pre-installed on phone) and test it out. Hope it works for you as it did for me!!!

11. SHOLUCK

Mar 4, 2012
    why are you yelling?????

Tags: