1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Estimated Delivery Time

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kelyn159, Dec 26, 2012.

1. kelyn159

kelyn159 Newbie

How accurate is Google with the estimated time for the Nexus 4 delivery ? Today it makes 4 weeks from the time i order mines, and the estimated time they gave me was 4-5 weeks.

2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

To be honest, it's hard to tell. We've had reports of people getting the 5 week estimate and seeing their phones show up in a week. Others are still waiting. At least there haven't been many people saying it's taken longer than estimated. You should be seeing yours soon.

Have you called the Customer Service line to double check?

3. njs11usc

njs11usc Member

Today was the 4 week mark for me too with a 4-5 week shipping estimate. I'm getting worried.

4. kelyn159

kelyn159 Newbie

Yeah i called and all they say was that i had to wait. I'm also worry because when i placed the order they took the money out of my account and then they put it back. So i don't know if thats the way they do it or im Just not getting anything.

5. lunatic59

That's the way banks handle the transaction. Google doesn't actually take the money, but they put a hold on it to make sure the transaction will go through. If the money is held that way too long, the bank will reverse it. I wouldn't worry about that. It doesn't cancel your order.

6. wyggles

wyggles Well-Known Member

I ordered mine on December 11th with a 5-6 week shipping window. The next Tuesday I sent an email to support for the hell of it and got a response in about a minute saying it would ship late January. The next day I got a shipping confirmation email and got it he Friday before Christmas. So... yeah, it's pretty messed up.

7. njs11usc

njs11usc Member

What is email address did you send to? Just the same one that sent your order confirmation or a different one?

8. kelyn159

kelyn159 Newbie

I email Google today and they replied in a heart beat. (Automated service to me) but i got a date though. "According to our records, your order should ship by the evening of January 02"

9. wyggles

wyggles Well-Known Member

On the order info page in wallet I clicked:
    Contact Google Inc. > Devices(under "Contact Us") > I Want to Check Shipping/Order Status > Contact us via email

10. bluirv

bluirv Newbie

I'm one of those 4-5 week people. About 2 weeks ago I contacted customer service to inquire when to expect delivery.

They told me Jan. 2. Guess what--that's exactly the end of the 5th week of their original estimate!

I would have guessed that date as well looking at my original invoice. I contacted customer service to inquire if there were any updates and all I got was a standard reply that could have been sent by a computer! :thinking:

11. kelyn159

kelyn159 Newbie

I'm telling you, when i emailed them today by the time i finished reading a sentence saying to reply with any extra information to the confirmation email sent to me. I went back to my email and there it was the reply which I'm 100% sure it was Automated.

12. andrews317

andrews317 Android Enthusiast

I bought the phone on November 28th. Yesterday (December 27th) I got an email from Google Wallet telling me there was a problem with my credit card and that they could not charge the amount. I had 7 days to update my payment information so I did it yesterday expecting to get shipping information today. Since then nothing has happened, the amount is on hold on my credit card but it hasn't been charged yet. I will wait until the end of the day to contact them.

13. kelyn159

kelyn159 Newbie

Contact them as soon as possible, i already got the shipping confirmation email from them. MY NEXUS 4 16GB HAS BEEN SHIPPED

14. andrews317

andrews317 Android Enthusiast

I sent an email a couple of minutes ago. I'll wait a few hours, if there's no answer I will call them. Thanks for the advice and good luck when you get yours.

15. bluirv

bluirv Newbie

An update to my previous post. I received shipping confirmation today that I should receive this item by Monday, Dec. 31.

This was the first communication from Google since I ordered the phone on Nov. 28.

16. lunatic59

Nice... so you got it last week?

17. bluirv

bluirv Newbie

Sorry about the typo, but it will be coming this Monday, the 31st.

18. lunatic59

LOL, I didn't think it was a typo. I thought Google actually messed up and told you you had your Nexus already. I wouldn't have been surprised if they had. :D

19. njs11usc

njs11usc Member

I got my shipping confirmation email at 630 this morning. It shipped through 2nd Day Air so it should be here today or tomorrow.

Nexus 4 Forum

The Nexus 4 release date was November 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Pro processor, and 2100mAh battery.

November 2012
Release Date
Reviews