1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support ET4G screen turned black and unresponsive.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by harryaiims, Jan 12, 2012.

1. harryaiims

harryaiims Lurker
    None

Jan 12, 2012
    Hey Guys

I have been using Sprint ET4g for over 2 months now. Never had any problem of any sort. Yesterday I was using it and running a news app. Have been using the same app without problems for over a month. Suddenly the phone hanged and then turned black with no response. The notification light turned blue (Which is red when you have pending notifications to check). I took the battery out and put it back 2-3 times but no response. Everytime I try to restart it after taking out the battery the screen remains black and the notification light shines blue.

I also tried tried to charge it but nothing happened.

I bought the set from Walmart Lets Talk website. Do you have any other ideas??

Thanks

Regards
    Harry

Advertisement

2. zmarko

zmarko Member
    None

Oct 2, 2010
    Denver, CO
    I guess you have 3 options. 1) take it to a sprint store and see if they can fix it or replace it. 2) Call Samsung and see if they'll replace it or know of any more issues like this and know a fix. 3) Contact Walmart and see if they'll replace it.

If I were you, I'd try them in that order. Do you have the sprint insurance?

Have you tried to do a hard reset on it?

3. harryaiims

harryaiims Lurker
    None

Jan 12, 2012
    Thanks Zmarko

I didnt try to hard reset it. Coz I cant see anything in screen, cant judge if I can press the camera button with the power and vol low button. I guess I should goto the sprint store now.

I took out the battery and now kept the battery outside for hours and again put it back but to no solution. Still black screen, the notification light now turns blue only for 30 seconds when I attach it to the charger or to laptop via USB, and then switches off.

I am surprised, no software installation for over a week, no falls and this happening.

Hmmm.......

4. egkor

egkor Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 11, 2009
    It's like your display panel literally died.

Let us know the outcome after you contact Sprint/Walmart.

-Gary K

5. harryaiims

harryaiims Lurker
    None

Jan 12, 2012
    Hey guys

I went to samsung website where they has help via chat. The service representative told me to call a number - samsung galaxy s service center number. I called and then told them about the problem, they have told me to send the phone to them. They even sent me a UPS label ticket so I dont have to pay anything as shipping/handling charges. They take 6 days including shipment to work on phone and try to restore the factory settings.

I didnt call sprint first coz someone told me that they only replace phones if you buy from them. I didnt call them and confirm this. Maybe 35$ would have been better than without phone for 6 days.

I will let you know what samsung does. BTW they do this coz these phones come with 1 year warranty.

Regards
    Harry