1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

ETA for Gingerbread on Three - Available Now

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by CraigMobile, May 16, 2011.

1. CraigMobile

CraigMobile Newbie

Do we have any news as to when three will receive 2.3 ?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

You'll need to talk to 3 about that methinks... depends on how fast they get their development team to push it through their system

3. vid

vid Newbie

I'm with Three and was able to update it today.

4. Shonan

Shonan Android Enthusiast

so was you one the lucky ones that got a un-branded handset then :thinking:

i hope three pull there finger out and get it thru and out to us sooner rather than later

5. CDPlant

CDPlant Android Expert

I asked Three about this when they announced the update, and they said that it won't be available until the end of May. I would check their Twitter page every now and then as they said they would announce it on there. I can't wait!

6. falo

falo Newbie

I think this'll be a nice extended version of the confusion around the update. I've e-mailed Three to get some calrification, but I'm less than hopeful that I'll get a decent response. My Three phone is unbranded, but is listed as 3 branded with HTC. Update came through mid-afternoon yesterday. Given that HTC were adamant that if my phone was marked as Three branded it wouldn't get the update until they OKed it there may be some hope for other Three customers!

7. swgastro

swgastro Well-Known Member

I wouldnt expect 3 branded phones to be updated until sometime july/august going on past experience.

8. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Three aren't always too quick with Android updates in the past :/

9. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

Same with Me and Orange. Both HTC & Orange thought I was branded, but I got the update yesterday anyway.

10. Shonan

i spoke to them today and well, anyone on three can guess the response,,,, told me they aint had it yet but would notify me when they do,

in other words when you get it pop up on your phone,,, we have it,

bloody usless, but there price plans are bloody brill, cant have it all i guess

11. CraigMobile

CraigMobile Newbie

Still no Gingerbread for 3uk branded users. (did expect 3uk to be last to roll out there OTA) Do we have any news regarding the pending 2.3 update?

12. Shonan

dont look like it gonna be for a while fella, think we got a long wait

13. El Presidente

VIP Member

They've blamed HTC via their official Twitter page apparently.

14. swgastro

Last time for froyo they blamed HTC and it turns out they broke twitter.. wonder what they did now.

So glad i debranded =)

15. El Presidente

VIP Member

16. CraigMobile

CraigMobile Newbie

To be expected I guess but disappointed. The lack of timescales is very frustrating and leaves all users that are anxious for the OTA in the dark. Three - the lights on but nobody's home....

17. AussieAndroid

AussieAndroid Member

Got my gingerbread update on Three today (here in Australia) :)
    Happy with it so far

18. CraigMobile

CraigMobile Newbie

The latest from ThreeUK Twitter page:

"@ThreeUK: @gushie just realised Marc has more info than us and it hadn't filtered down! HTC assure us it will be with us next week."

Apparently threeuk have been awaiting info from HTC this is what the tweet is referring to.

So 3uk branded users should receive 2.3 next week. Fingers crossed!

19. Shonan

ah man fingers crossed then, well done craigmobile for that, lets hope they sorted all the little bugs out to,

20. brezzo

brezzo Well-Known Member

I'm with vodafone AU, which is partnered with three (at least in AU) and my update has just come out. Maybe three will soon follow?

My OS is branded *.*.178.*

21. CraigMobile

CraigMobile Newbie

The latest from ThreeUK twitter page:

@coggs21 Yes,HTC released it on Friday.We tweeted to let u all know that.We're now just customising it to our network and it'll be available.

22. Shonan

well thats some good news, wonder how long they will take, and wot gumph they gonna put on it

23. CraigMobile

CraigMobile Newbie

The latest from ThreeUK twitter page:

@coggs21 we've approved software, waiting for HTC to upload to their servers. As soon as we have a date confirmed we'll share with you guys.

24. Shonan

is there any more news on this, i cant seem to find um on twitter for some reason,

25. swgastro

From Twitter..

But looking at craigmobiles earlier post it seems 3UK are giving out mixed messages again..

So August sometime is my guess... :p

HTC Desire HD Forum

The HTC Desire HD release date was October 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1230mAh battery.

October 2010
Release Date
Reviews