1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

eternal loading screen on messages, help please!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jdozza, Dec 26, 2011.

1. jdozza

jdozza Lurker

Ive got an issue with my phone, its been fine for the 3 months since i got it but all of a sudden, whenever i try to open a message a loading screen comes up and never goes away, so i cant respond or even see the messages properly. suggestions for fixing it would be great. ive tried turning it off and on, and removing the battery and sim card but nothing helps

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. notebook

notebook Android Enthusiast

If you can't access your messages via one way, i.e. via the app, try setting Messages up as a widget and accessing it that way, or vice versa.

There's a size limit on the database for SMS, so, if possible, make sure you're within that amount. It runs into 1000s, but if you're well within that, it shouldn't be a problem.

I'm assuming your problem is related to the SMS database on your phone, not on the SIM card (Messages > Menu > Settings > Text Messages > Manage SIM card messages).

As your issue might be related to the SMS database, e.g. it's become corrupted, you may need to erase it and start again.

First, if you want to keep them, back up your messages. See Android Market to install one that fits your needs.

Then Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage applications > All > Messages > Clear data. (If applicable, do this for Messages Widget, too.)

Do the same again, as above, for MessageCS.

Restart your phone.

If this doesn't clear the problem, you may have to consider doing a factory reset, in which case you will lose all your personal data.

jdozza likes this.
  3. jdozza

jdozza Lurker

thankyou notebook, with the widget i can now send texts but i still cant open my actual messages, ill try a factory reset after ive backed it up

HTC Desire S Forum

The HTC Desire S release date was March 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1450mAh battery.

March 2011
Release Date
Reviews