• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

etrade on N1

Ok this is pathetic. Why would vodafone block apps from the open google app store? How do I get around this block?

Attachments

• etrade.jpg
    etrade.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 121
Upvote 0
Thanks tried that. No go. Etrade just told me that the app is only available to customers who can access the US android market.

My only way in is through an apk that someone puts out there (or wait till I'm back in the states...). Looked around the web but can't find it yet.

Like my android experience, but this sucks.

Upvote 0
Falbhan, Thanks for that. Yes please. I'll send you a pm.

It's early days. I'm sure the app will get better. Hitting the site sort of works. I'd like to do more with tracking stocks and all that.

Also to be honest. The new google market online freaked me out a bit. Not that I don't trust them with security, but they have so much of me on file now. I'm moving a few things off of their cloud starting with my finances.

Upvote 0
Falbhan, Thanks for that. Yes please. I'll send you a pm.

It's early days. I'm sure the app will get better. Hitting the site sort of works. I'd like to do more with tracking stocks and all that.

Also to be honest. The new google market online freaked me out a bit. Not that I don't trust them with security, but they have so much of me on file now. I'm moving a few things off of their cloud starting with my finances.

Hi Falbhan and outoffocus,

Can you send me the etrade apk . i have pm you.

Thank you very much

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
What's wrong with getting the app off the market?

Hi Mod,
Sorry didn't explain well, the ""Etrade mobile pro" was previously available globally. I installed it back to Dec 2010. Until recently, i flash my x10 and I could not find it again in the "Market". I think it is now only available in US.

If you can download it, can you pls send the APK to me.

Thank you very much

Upvote 0
Just fyi.. on my last visit to the States I downloaded and installed yahoo finance and etrade mobile pro.

Now living in Africa again the apps auto update fine. Etrade works great. Yahoo finance crashes on started pretty much every time. Unusable. Not sure if this is some kind of int'l block or that the app does not like N1.

Upvote 0
When I wanted to download tit to my phone, the system showed me this message:

"This app is incompatible with your Orange HTC HTC Incredible S.
Orange HTC HTC Incredible S
This item cannot be installed in your device's country."

SO I take that Etrade or US authorities do not let the app go abroad....
Those guys seem to be unreal........

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones