1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support europa gps problems

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by antonini, Apr 23, 2011.

1. antonini

antonini Lurker
    None

Apr 23, 2011
    Hi everyone, I am new to this site so please be gentle with me lol.
    I have a Samsung Galaxy Europa GT-15500 which I have had for 4 months now and on the whole I must say I am quite pleased with except for the GPS. This will not work on any of the apps that I have installed on the phone even though the little icon at the top of the screen is flashing. It will not find my location with google maps, latitude or the navigation app included on the phone. It used to work when I first got the phone but after a couple of months seems to have given up the ghost.
    Has anyone else got the same problem or know how to fix it?
    Cheers
    Toni

Advertisement

2. Ernie_C

Ernie_C Newbie
    None

Apr 12, 2011
    If the icon is flashing, this means that it is trying to acquire the satellites. When the icon goes solid, the GPS has a fix.

Try installing this free app which shows you the satellites as it tries to acquire them:

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.chartcross.gpstest&feature=search_result

antonini likes this.
  3. antonini

antonini Lurker
    None

Apr 23, 2011
    Thanks Ernie......I'll give that a go and let you know what happens
    Cheers

4. antonini

antonini Lurker
    None

Apr 23, 2011
    Tried the app you suggested but GPS is still not working and the information says there are none in view and none being used so my icon at the top of the screen just keeps flashing away and not locking onto a single satellite. Also tried a few more GPS apps but with no luck. I have tried in various locations with a clear view of the sky. I have now done a factory reset of the phone and the gps still refuses to pick up anything. Anyone help me here please??
    Toni

5. Ernie_C

Ernie_C Newbie
    None

Apr 12, 2011
    Sounds like the GPS receiver hardware has failed. Presumeably you are still within warranty and can have the phone replaced?

6. miesc

miesc Member
    None

Jan 6, 2011
    Have you checked the GPS is turned on? Settings-Location & Security-check Use GPS satellites and Use wireless networks. You may need to turn the phone off and on again to get it to kick in.

PS. nice little app that.

7. Burosaka

Burosaka Newbie
    None

Apr 25, 2011
    i can ONLY use the gps while on a wi-fi or 3g connection, can`t it work otherwise?

8. abmpone

abmpone Lurker
    None

Jan 11, 2011
    Try this *#*#1472365#*#* it triggers a menu for extra GPS boost. it works for me but you must enable your gps and let it find satellites outside, once you move back inside you will most likely lose your signal. You dont need wifi or 3g to enable this. I have used mine for navigation with google voice in the car but it is not a patch on a Tomtom.
    Give it a go!!