• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Europe best phone

...my goal was for desire owners(as myself) to be informed that they are not #1 in Europe...

was the Desire #1 in Europe?

was that an official crown or was it a self-proclaimed title? anyway, i bought my Desire for what it is and what it can do, not because of it's status.

besides that, i don't see any Desire owners getting too worked up about Samsung. always healthy to have some competition.

Upvote 0
I give up, y'all are way too sensitive.

you give up waaaaay to easily :D

if your point was to say that the Galaxy had replaced the Desire as the #1 in Europe, you relly needed two things:

1. some evidence that the Desire was #1
2. some evidence that the Galaxy is #1

you must have realised that personal opinion was going to overrule anything you could come up with anyway.

still, this thread has some introduced some lively discussion.

Upvote 0
moz-screenshot.png
troll-web.jpg

Upvote 0
and once again i stand by my porsche ferrari analogy...

you say the differences between the iPhone OS and Android are minimal... you have absolutely no idea, they are fundamentally different. Yes the apps are similar in function, but its not about the apps its about everything else Android offers over iPhone OS that im talking about.

go troll else where.

Upvote 0
I don't want to disapoint your anti-iphone feelings but the similarities between Iphone and any android phone is as much as of two twin brothers.

That's one of the silliest posts I've ever seen here.

There are huge, fundamental differences. Android is Linux, for one, and while both have *nix roots, they're... Oh, I'm probably wasting my time.

Upvote 0
"My car goes on diesel!
My goes on petrol!
Oh we have totally differents cars even though they are basically the same"

Just grow up.

Okay, if they're identical OSes, why can't I put widgets on an iphone homescreen? Why can't I pull down a notification tray? Why are apps written in different languages? Why can I run Flash on Android but not on iOS? Why can't they all run on the same hardware?

Do you consider Linux, Windows and OS X all identical too?

Upvote 0
Okay, if they're identical OSes, why can't I put widgets on an iphone homescreen? Why can't I pull down a notification tray? Why are apps written in different languages? Why can I run Flash on Android but not on iOS? Why can't they all run on the same hardware?

Do you consider Linux, Windows and OS X all identical too?
I am not a iphone owner so I will answer to the ones I am sure 100%.

There is no flash on iOS because Jobs thinks Flash is monopolizing the marked(bit of a lol there if you think it was Jobs saying that).

Different languages?really?Can't you find better?

They can't all run on the same hardware because Apple don't benefit from it and neither do Android.
A bit like the PC games a few years ago when they could not be run on Mac.
Guess what? They can most now.

To the rest:
Stop calling me a troll because I am showing arguments(so is a few of you like the one I quoted) and you are not.

Upvote 0
Different languages?really?Can't you find better?

Really. I take it you don't know much about computers. Look, it's your prerogative not to learn, but it doesn't mean people need to concede that you are right when you are not. Especially when said people are more knowledgeable than you, hmm?

They can't all run on the same hardware because Apple don't benefit from it and neither do Android.

Gee, but I thought they were identical? Like twins, in your own words? Shouldn't they be all the same, are interchangeable, run on the same range of hardware? Are you saying they're like twins except when they aren't? Shouldn't an Android app, in its native state, be able to install on an iPhone or a WinMo phone? What about Symbian? In fact, since all OSes are the same anyway, why can't I run Crysis on my N1? Gosh.

Your thesis sucks. D- for effort.

Upvote 0
LOL great thread. Sigh.

There is obviously no objective #1 phone, and there never will be. The Galaxy S has some very impressive features, and some very disappointing features. Some people are even reporting it to be slow and laggy, despite that snazzy GPU. For some people it will be the best phone around, for other people that will be the Desire, and for others the iPhone.

Any discussion centering on 'which is best' is going to deteriorate, it's just not a constructive starting point. Unless you enjoy fanboy wars.

Upvote 0
But is this kindergarden?
desire in his launch was #1 like last year was undisputed champion the iphone 3G. I am not sure about the galaxy since I didn't test it yet but specs wise seems to be the new #1 followed close by the iphone4G(loses by the fact that not many regions can take advantage of his 4G).

Now cool down boys, go watch the new episode of teletubbies and move on.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones