1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

European Hornets

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by LGee3, Aug 5, 2019.

1. LGee3

LGee3 Well-Known Member

This monster was flying in my garage the other day and it took about 10 minutes for it to die after being doused with Wasp Spray. I bet the sting would be HELL !

s2diaken likes this.
  2. LGee3

LGee3 Well-Known Member

The file was too large. Sorry.

3. MoodyBlues

MoodyBlues Compassion is cool!
    VIP Member

That's a recent glitch around here. If you're familiar with image-editing software, you can just resize the image down until the board decides to accept it.

If you need help with any of that, just let us know! :)

Steven58 and ocnbrze like this.
  4. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Be thankful it wasn't one of the Japanese species ;)

ocnbrze likes this.
  5. mikedt

mikedt 你好

I thought the nasty (killer) species came from Africa. Or is that only in movies?

6. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

those are bees. african bees are mean and very aggressive. my car was attacked by them as a swarm of bees moved through our neighborhood.

was it this?
    European_wasp_white_bg.jpg

7. Potatoez

Potatoez Lurker

Can you install a fly trap or something? They can be killed with this, you'll just need a couple of these. They seem to be more active this season.
    [​IMG]

8. MoodyBlues

MoodyBlues Compassion is cool!
    VIP Member

This is a good idea, but we need to be very mindful of accidentally killing 'good' bees.

Colony Collapse Disorder of the bee population is very well documented, and very real. So be careful when using any method of killing pest insects; make sure they're not going to kill bees, too.

9. Potatoez

Potatoez Lurker

Non-lethal traps also exist. Insects are just lured and trapped inside the tank, you can free them somewhere else then.