• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help European SIM is causing my phone to randomly reset

ericsbcn

Sep 16, 2010
I switch out my Verizon SIM for a local one when in Europe. With the Verizon SIM, I have no problems. But with the European one in, the phone randomly resets. Happens every other day or so. Anyone have any idea what the problem might be?

I figured it was the physical SIM. But I'm not so sure now. Because my wife has the RAZR HD and she started using a SIM from the same local company. And she has the same problem. Also, the problem doesn't seem to happen when I'm in airplane mode. So maybe something with the GSM mode?

Thanks.
Eric S.

Like I said, I originally figured it was the SIM. But then my wife's phone had the exact same problem. I may still try a new SIM.

I didn't know about the GSM patch. But I don't think that I need it. When my phone is on, all the GSM functions work fine. Calls, SMS, 3G data.

- Eric S.
Generally Motorola Droids (Verizon), do not work as they should on GSM, with out the patch

Reactions: Thom
Upvote 0
I have Android version 4.4.2. System version 182.46.15.XT926.Verizon.en.US
If kernel date is June 3, 2014 or newer.
Before rooting you likely will need to flash 183.46.15 with RSD Lite
Then follow
ROOT for Droid Razr HD XT926- 183.46.15 w/Kernel newer than June 3, 2014

If kernel date is June 3, 2014 or older
Just use Towel root.

Either way the bootloader cannot be unlocked,
There is no fully compatible custom Recovery for a locked bootloader with that system version.
There is a partially compatible recovery, but I'm not sure the patch installs correctly.
The patch does 2 things, edits the build.prop and adds apns.
If you root, the build.prop edits that can be tried, not sure about the apns.

If you tried the safemode, and a different sim card, another possibility is firmware did not update correctly, and Flashing firmware with RSD Lite would fix that. With 2 devices doing the same thing, that is unlikely.

I can do not have a XT926 but I do have a XT907, which is basically the same device with a smaller screen.
I can do some testing to see about build.prop edits and apns, if you want to try.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones