1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

European voltage

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by frejo58, Nov 11, 2014.

1. frejo58

frejo58 Lurker

I am traveling to Europe soon where the voltage is 220V. I purchased an adapter just to change the plug configuration. Can my SG3 handle that voltage or do I need a voltage converter?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±
    VIP Member

Pretty sure you do.
    I've never travelled to Europe but I think the voltage needs to be stepped down.
    Let's wait for other opinions before you take my recommendation as fact :p

3. svim

svim Extreme Android User

Any reputable-brand power adapter will have a permanent label on it, more often than not with annoyingly small type. It might be on the back, or front, or on the side but if there isn't one you'd be better off getting rid of it as it's a potential fire hazard (and even if you use a voltmeter to check/confirm its output, an absent label isn't a good indicator about its manufacturer.) You should see something like '100-240V 50-60Hz' in reference to the input so if you see this you'll be fine using it abroad. If the label states it's only 120V than you've got a U.S. only adapter.

funkylogik and Mikestony like this.
  4. androidlover9

androidlover9 Android Enthusiast

I can actually confirm that I have been to Europe before and just used an adapter and my S3 charged fine, if you look closely it says on it that it is TRAVEL adapter, and goes from 100- 240 volts, so you'll be fine :)

funkylogik and Mikestony like this.
  5. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±
    VIP Member

Hmm, I guess Mikestony needs to travel a little more :eek:

6. androidlover9

androidlover9 Android Enthusiast

Lol

7. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

If youre ever in Scotland, give me a shout mate :thumbup:

Mikestony likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews