1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root EvDo and 3G

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by eelsfoot, Aug 30, 2011.

1. eelsfoot

eelsfoot Lurker
    None

Nov 30, 2010
    Pensacola, FL
    Guess I haven't paid too much attention to what the different data platform's are morphing into, but I just flashed Calkulin's EViO_2_ROM_v1 and now my voice and data are a little weird.

After flashing, and connected through WiFi, my voice signal dropped to nil. The EvDo would sporadically light up.....voice signal would go to three bars when the phone goes idle, but as soon as I unlock the screen, back to nil.

Forcing the service to Verizon, via Roam Control, has no effect....nil on the signal bars. SMS texts would go out, but I was not receiving any while the EvDo was on.

Played around in the setting, Mode of Operation, I switched between "Hybrid" and EVDO-ONLY".....no change. When I switched to "1x-Only", voice signal to 3 bars and I started receiving SMS messages instantly.

Can someone educate me? Do I need to update my Radios?

Any and all comments appreciated please....

Thanks,

Lance-

Any insight would be greatly appreciated

Advertisement

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!
    None

May 13, 2010
    Male
    being a flashaholic sponsor, helping others gettin
    los angeles
    before you flash the radio updates lets try the good old fashion wipe dalvik cache and cache and seeif that helps. if nothing then try a nandroid backup and seeif its the rom and not your radios acting weird. then if that is a no go then lets go ahead and try to update your radios.just make sure that you have plenty of battery before attempting to update and that you are patient. DO NOTPULL THE BATTERY OUT WILL YOUR RADIOS ARE INSTALLING. YOU WILL BRICK YOUR PHONE IF YOU DO.

Tags: