1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Event Alarm Manager

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by neil154, Nov 2, 2021.

1. neil154

neil154 Android Enthusiast

I am looking for a stand alone event manager or a calendar app (not Google) which will alarm when an event is due and then allow me to snooze the event for a period of time. like the picture below. (taken from an app that is no longer supported.
    Screenshot_20211102-161911_Calendar Event Reminder.jpg

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ...eschew obfuscation...

I moved this to the Android Apps & Games forum. I think this isn't device specific and you'll get better/broader help here. :)

olbriar, ocnbrze and ironass like this.
  3. neil154

Thanks, that was a good idea.

ocnbrze and Unforgiven like this.
  4. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

You could try Snooze It (beta), which is the successor to Calendar Snooze. It's just an alert manager, not a calendar app itself, but works with the existing calendar database.

Unforgiven likes this.
  5. neil154

I checked out Snooze - it but could not see how it would use my existing calendar.

6. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

What is your existing calendar app? Are your events synced to any account, or internal to that app?

I had to do exactly no setup to get it to handle notifications, just create at least one notification group in the settings (if there isn't one already) and enable that (tick box).

I did wonder whether it would only work for synced calendars (i.e. those associated with an account), but I just created an unsynced event in one of my calendar apps and it handled the alert for that perfectly well.

7. neil154

I have a calendar associated with my Outllok.com. The calendar is then shown in the default calendar of my S21 as well as other calendar apps.

At your suggestion I created a group to see if that helped but it did not. So if you have any other suggestions, I will try them

#7 neil154, Nov 4, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2021
  8. neil154

As I said, I could not get Snooze-It to see my Outlook calendar but I did find an app Calendar Notifier which works fine and has the features I was looing for.