• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Event on June 29

High likelihood that T-Mo and AT&T will get it at the same time.

I doubt it. they would still have to add the 850 to it so that you won't have to only rely on 1900 for 3G. Tmobile will get it first I guarantee it then like nexus one they will have you at&t subscribers waiting an extra month or so till it gets released with at&t's 3G

Thats what I believe anyways.

Upvote 0
I doubt it. they would still have to add the 850 to it so that you won't have to only rely on 1900 for 3G. Tmobile will get it first I guarantee it then like nexus one they will have you at&t subscribers waiting an extra month or so till it gets released with at&t's 3G
i897's already got 850 3G.

Upvote 0
The US version hasn't come out yet because there are distinct models for the various US carriers (because unlike every country in Europe, the US just can't agree on frequencies). The i897 is AT&T's version and the t959 is T-Mobile's version. They have both been seen in pictures in the wild. I expect them both to be available at nearly the same time, given Samsung's marketing strategy. Maybe not the same day, but very close.

Upvote 0
sounds about right. They will announce it on June 29. Probably release it late July only on TMOBILE, since they get everything first and one force Samsung to chance the look of the phone, and then it will come out on at&t perhaps a month or so later in Augusst. By that time I may have moved on. It seems like the only thing we get first here is the iphone.

Upvote 0
sounds about right. They will announce it on June 29. Probably release it late July only on TMOBILE, since they get everything first and one force Samsung to chance the look of the phone, and then it will come out on at&t perhaps a month or so later in Augusst. By that time I may have moved on. It seems like the only thing we get first here is the iphone.

yeah i really think AT&T does not have anything interesting or good phones except iphone and this new iphone 4 looks pretty darn good (i still go with android phones of course) imagine AT&T without iphone.... but really if u think about AT&T only thing i can think of it is IPHONE.... hmm... i'm not trying to bash AT&T just to let u know!!!

Upvote 0
Starting to wonder if this event will be about the Tape....

The invite says "Samsung Mobile brings you the next generation in Android smart phones". That doesn't sound like a tablet. ;)

I think the Galaxy-S is my first choice. And I'm REALLY hoping they announce AT&T availability date on the 29th. I don't expect it to be out on the 29th, but I expect confirmation and a date.

Upvote 0
nice galaxy 3 and 5?????? but how good is bada os anyway?? i know it's samsungs own OS but i don't think it will be good as android of course...

Yeah i don't know anything about these phones at the moment the 3 and 5 sound like they are gonna be Android phones.

Its the Wave 2 and the Wave 2 Pro which will be Bada apparently.

Its strange announcing a second wave phone even though the wave has only just been released.

I've not had any hands on time with Bada yet but i will stick with Android for now and see how it develops i am not in the mood of going with a brand new OS straight away again lol i done that with android and now Android is coming along nicely but when i first got my G1 it was like being a guinea pig lol.

Even though Samsung has a lot of clout i am still uncovinced it will be as successfull as the iPhone or Android or Windows Mobile & Symbian etc.

Upvote 0
Do you guys think this even will be open to the public? I would love to attend, and if I have to buy tickets, is there any info about it?:thinking:

It looks like it's invitations only. Every site that mentioned about this event were invited. Usually, these types of event are not open to public anyways. I bet Samsung is going to give everyone a new phone. It seems to be a trend that, I think, Google started.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones