1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General "Events"? Wut?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by secretsquirrel, Jun 16, 2016.

1. secretsquirrel

secretsquirrel Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 13, 2011
    Male
    copywriter
    Borneo
    So my phone is now displaying "events".

12 of them.

I didn't ask for them nor want them and I'd rather my phone didn't do this kind of thing. I don't even know what they are?

Is this an Android in-ya-face unwanted "update" or an annoying quirk of the S6 itself?

Can they be deleted, without deleting the actual photos?

If I remove the photos from the phone will I still have the unwanted "events"?

?

Honestly, I would pay twice as much as I paid for this sh&t phone, for a phone that just works, let's me alter it as I want, without the bloatware and forced "updates" that keep changing stuff. *grumpy face*

Advertisement

2. Snakeyeskm

Snakeyeskm Android Expert

Apr 8, 2014
    Male
    Investment Banking
    US
    Looks like your sh&t phone has exercised its morality option. This relatively unknown feature is designed to display events of a "morally questionable" nature by the phones owner. It's also known as the S6 conscience app. It is very rare that it is triggered, but has been known to happen. A lifestyle change is the only way to eliminate this a built-in capability.

Best of luck, and I would delete those photos if I was you.

3. Leju

Leju Lurker
    None

Aug 17, 2016
    Male
    Hi,
    I had this unpleasant surprise a while ago (SM-G920F). But the solution is quick and easy.

1. Open 'Galary'
    2. If it shows photos in 'Events', then tap 'More' on upper right corner. (If it is not in 'Events' mode use the pull down at upper left to select 'Events' and then 'More')
    3. Tap 'Event settings'
    4. Toggle 'Auto create events' to OFF.
    Done.

I personally prefer to leave the photos in 'Album' view by default. The 'Events' never disturbed me since I did the above. I didn't try deleting the photos, but I don't think it would help.

Samsung Galaxy S6

The Samsung Galaxy S6 launched in 2015 as the company's flagship. It features a 5.1-inch screen with 2560 x 1440 resolution, 3GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and an impressive 16 megapixel camera.