• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ever read an article and just REALLY rolled laughing?

I scrolled down to read the comments, wondering what kind of response all that hearsay would get, and hmm, all I see is "comments closed". First off, he doesn't bother to site the surveys, state the plus-minus that all small surveys should show, or mention how many people participated. Or where these people were found.

And he makes up all kinds of crap, like Verizon customers only bought droids because it was all Verizon had, now they will all jump ship for the iphone 5. And t-mobile and sprint people will all do the same, because they all secretly wanted iphones all along. What the hell kind of journalism is that? He should be ashamed of himself.

Reactions: jroc
Upvote 0
I was on AT&T with an iPhone 3Gs, and paid the ETF to get away from it and go to Verizon for my Droid X. Definitely not going to go back to iPhone just because the 5 is coming! And considering what a small percentage of the population own smartphones, there is no what that suddenly a third to a half of the population is going to go "Oh, the iPhone 5 is finally out, now I can finally buy a smartphone!" He probably asked two groups of 10 people, and 5 in one group and 3 in the other said they wanted an iPhone 5, and then you just extrapolate that into the entire countries population, totally legit!

Upvote 0
Apple needs to make this thing dual boot. I am willing to bet that fact alone would get crazy adopters. The best part of all, I don't think it would even cost them anything (outside of some R&D) to rock vanilla android. I know I would be first in line. Boot iOS for games, and Android for nearly all else.

Upvote 0
Now i completely understand, i couldn't help but laugh uncontrollably by this sentence alone.

"A third to a half of the entire U.S. population says they’ll buy an iPhone 5 once its release date arrives"

Did they only survey ten people? Lol.

Thats amazing....seeing as babies, real elderly ppl, severely handicapped/in-valid(?) ppl, lil kids also make up "the entire population of the U. S."

I guess he doesnt mind being an ultimate fanboy. When he mentioned folks surveyed, that shoulda been his first sentence.

For the record....I stopped reading after that sentence. lol.

I scrolled down to read the comments, wondering what kind of response all that hearsay would get, and hmm, all I see is "comments closed". First off, he doesn't bother to site the surveys, state the plus-minus that all small surveys should show, or mention how many people participated. Or where these people were found.

And he makes up all kinds of crap, like Verizon customers only bought droids because it was all Verizon had, now they will all jump ship for the iphone 5. And t-mobile and sprint people will all do the same, because they all secretly wanted iphones all along. What the hell kind of journalism is that? He should be ashamed of himself.

Like they did for the iPhone 4, remem....oh wait....

Ultimate fanboy. I cant believe this is/was a legitimate magazine. Is that supposed to be his M.O. or something? Like I know in some magazines they have writers that write comical articles.

Reactions: ninja_reject
Upvote 0
I keep reading Beatweek just to see what crazy thing they will say next. I really loved their take on webOS. One of the most intuitive and well designed mobile OS's ever is a geeky OS. Yep. I guess anything more advanced than a wall of icons is just too complicated. Flinging apps around like cards. Stacking them in decks. That's real geeky. Your average person has never even touched a deck cards let alone understand how to manipulate them. </sarcasm>

Upvote 0
Apple needs to make this thing dual boot. I am willing to bet that fact alone would get crazy adopters. The best part of all, I don't think it would even cost them anything (outside of some R&D) to rock vanilla android. I know I would be first in line. Boot iOS for games, and Android for nearly all else.

Ha ha ha! Then we can read all about how Apple is suing themselves for patent infringement. :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones