1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Ever read an article and just REALLY rolled laughing?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Rudedawg, Jul 25, 2011.

1. Rudedawg

Rudedawg Android Expert
    None

Jun 24, 2011
    Security
    Southampton UK

Advertisement

jroc likes this.
  2. B2L

B2L Android Expert
    None

Jan 17, 2011
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Now i completely understand, i couldn't help but laugh uncontrollably by this sentence alone.

"A third to a half of the entire U.S. population says they’ll buy an iPhone 5 once its release date arrives"

Did they only survey ten people? Lol.

3. Hrethgir

Hrethgir Android Expert

Feb 16, 2010
    Male
    Intel fab tech
    Salem, OR
    Wow, that guy doesn't even try to hide his fanboyism!

jroc likes this.
  4. ninja_reject

ninja_reject Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 19, 2011
    I scrolled down to read the comments, wondering what kind of response all that hearsay would get, and hmm, all I see is "comments closed". First off, he doesn't bother to site the surveys, state the plus-minus that all small surveys should show, or mention how many people participated. Or where these people were found.

And he makes up all kinds of crap, like Verizon customers only bought droids because it was all Verizon had, now they will all jump ship for the iphone 5. And t-mobile and sprint people will all do the same, because they all secretly wanted iphones all along. What the hell kind of journalism is that? He should be ashamed of himself.

jroc likes this.
  5. Hrethgir

Hrethgir Android Expert

Feb 16, 2010
    Male
    Intel fab tech
    Salem, OR
    I was on AT&T with an iPhone 3Gs, and paid the ETF to get away from it and go to Verizon for my Droid X. Definitely not going to go back to iPhone just because the 5 is coming! And considering what a small percentage of the population own smartphones, there is no what that suddenly a third to a half of the population is going to go "Oh, the iPhone 5 is finally out, now I can finally buy a smartphone!" He probably asked two groups of 10 people, and 5 in one group and 3 in the other said they wanted an iPhone 5, and then you just extrapolate that into the entire countries population, totally legit!

6. lordofthereef

lordofthereef Android Expert
    None

Nov 11, 2010
    Student
    Apple needs to make this thing dual boot. I am willing to bet that fact alone would get crazy adopters. The best part of all, I don't think it would even cost them anything (outside of some R&D) to rock vanilla android. I know I would be first in line. Boot iOS for games, and Android for nearly all else.

7. jroc

jroc Android Expert
    None

Apr 10, 2010
    Thats amazing....seeing as babies, real elderly ppl, severely handicapped/in-valid(?) ppl, lil kids also make up "the entire population of the U. S."

I guess he doesnt mind being an ultimate fanboy. When he mentioned folks surveyed, that shoulda been his first sentence.

For the record....I stopped reading after that sentence. lol.

Like they did for the iPhone 4, remem....oh wait....

Ultimate fanboy. I cant believe this is/was a legitimate magazine. Is that supposed to be his M.O. or something? Like I know in some magazines they have writers that write comical articles.

ninja_reject likes this.
  8. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday
    None

Apr 8, 2010
    NYU Student & Real Estate Agent
    Manhattan, NY
    I can't believe that person was allowed to write that article.

B2L likes this.
  9. Stocklone

Stocklone Newbie
    None

Nov 2, 2009
    I keep reading Beatweek just to see what crazy thing they will say next. I really loved their take on webOS. One of the most intuitive and well designed mobile OS's ever is a geeky OS. Yep. I guess anything more advanced than a wall of icons is just too complicated. Flinging apps around like cards. Stacking them in decks. That's real geeky. Your average person has never even touched a deck cards let alone understand how to manipulate them. </sarcasm>

10. chimphappyhour

chimphappyhour Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 5, 2010
    KCMO
    Ha ha ha! Then we can read all about how Apple is suing themselves for patent infringement. :p

11. Bob Maxey

Bob Maxey Android Expert
    None

Sep 24, 2010
    Yup.

The problem is the Internet. A place where anything you can dream up can be published, with no shortage of rubes and fools believing it, iHook, iLine, and iSinker.

I call Shenanigans.