1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Ever seen a bricked Nexus One?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by firemanjiniraq, May 20, 2011.

1. firemanjiniraq

None

May 20, 2011
    Ok, so a friend sent me all the instructions (with pictures, I might add) on how to root the N1. Was running 2.3.4, but really wanted the Sense UI. Did it fine with a mytouch slide...then again, mytouch slide wasn't on gingerbread. So...ran into a couple hiccups, but finally got the sn on adb....FINALLY got the sn on fastboot....trying to load clockwork...lo and behold, it is stuck on "sending 'recovery' <2914kb>....waiting for writing recovery, but after 15 min, I doubt it's coming. Any help, PLEASE? I love this phone. I am really regretting doing this.

Thank you.

Jimmy:mad:

Advertisement

2. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    None

Jun 10, 2010
    New Mexico, USA
    Welcome to the forums!

Sorry for your troubles. I've moved your post here where the Nexus cats can see this and pitch in.

firemanjiniraq likes this.
  3. firemanjiniraq

None

May 20, 2011
    New to this and freaking out because I think I just made a 300 dollar paperweight. I instantly saw that it was in the wrong area and went to move it, but you did it for me. Thank you. Well, I fixed that problem, but when I go to install SUroot from sd, it aborts the installation because of amend scripting and using edify for something..... How effed am I?

Jimmy

karimosan likes this.
  4. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    None

Jun 10, 2010
    New Mexico, USA
    Maybe not as bad as you fear.

I've seen about this same level of trouble recover ok.

Bummer is the time difference. Best advice I can possibly give right now is don't panic, and stand by for expert help.

Panic makes for errors every time, and errors make a bad deal worse. And you want advice from someone with Nexus experience, no substitutes (sorry, not me, I don't have your phone).

Stay cool, hang loose, and no worries on the move, I'm happy to help, even if it's just a little.

karimosan likes this.
  5. firemanjiniraq

None

May 20, 2011
    I will try to take your advice, EM and relax....it's tough. I just stripped the N1 and left the battery out. Using the MyTouch slide I successfully unlocked about a month ago.... so dumb. Just waiting for help. Thank you again.

Jimmy

6. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    None

Jun 10, 2010
    New Mexico, USA
    karimosan likes this.
  7. firemanjiniraq

None

May 20, 2011
    Followed the link you gave me, and it worked to a T. THANK YOU, EM!! You are a life saver. Thanks again! Also was able to find CM7 as opposed to the 6.1. The N1 is running like a dream! You are awesome

:D

8. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    None

Jun 10, 2010
    New Mexico, USA
    I got lucky on the link, you got happy on the Nexus. Sounds perfect. :) :)

Don't be a stranger!

karimosan likes this.
  9. N1nja

N1nja Member
    None

Jun 29, 2010
    Hate it
    Hammond, La
    My N1 won't boot past the X, its unlocked and was working fine but upon running the unlock.bat it not gets stuck. Its not giving me the option to select to load the CM7 zip file from my sd card when selecting recovery in the HBOOT screen.

10. Hook

Hook Ever since DU... ;-)

Mar 17, 2010
    Male
    Northern VA, USA
    Howdy, ninja. Received your PM,but sorry to say I have been unable to respond because of work.

I'm not clear from this and what you said in the 2.3.4 thread what happened and what you can and can not do. There you mention "superboot.bat" and here unlock.bat, neither of which I know, so if those did something, I may not be able to help (but will try).

Here you mention it is stuck on the X but that you have the recovery option on the HBoot screen. Which is it.

Before you can flash anything, you need to install a custom recovery, which is done via fastboot. I'm going to try to reconstruct how I did it, but I need to have a clearer idea of your situation. Please describe what you have done and what the result was as carefully and sequentially as possible.

karimosan likes this.
  11. N1nja

N1nja Member
    None

Jun 29, 2010
    Hate it
    Hammond, La
    I got it figured out shortly after making the post. I panicked and ran to the forum before I could b0rk it to bad and made a post. Then sat back and thought about it while looking at some stuff and reflashed clockwork and it worked then installed the CM7 update zip.
    So its all working now and I'm loving it, still haven't really gotten into all of what it can do, but it seems to be running much better.
    Thanks though!

karimosan likes this.
Tags: