1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Ever since gingerbread my phone freezes on the at&t logo...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by darklide, Jul 26, 2011.

1. darklide

darklide Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 19, 2010
    Ever since gingerbread my phone freezes on the at&t logo when starting up it takes atlround 5 minutes to reboot.

I was rooted if that has anything to do with it.

Advertisement

2. aszreal1266

aszreal1266 Member
    None

Mar 13, 2011
    Bay area CA
    I was stock before the update and mine seems to take longer then it did before at the att screen but no where near 5 min.

3. WolfmanRobby

WolfmanRobby Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 7, 2010
    Male
    Systems Admin.
    Atlanta, GA
    The good news, we know what the problem was. You were rooted when you ran the update. That's a no-no.

The bad news, fixing it may not be that easy.

If you haven't Un-rooted the phone, I would do that now. Then, here's a starting point for you: https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/49191 It's how to get the phone reset back to the stock OS build. That should wipe out the problem (Along with anything you have on the phone, so BACK UP your data!!).

From there, you should be able to re-apply the GB update. And, if you really MUST root, do it AFTER the update. And, remember to un-root before you run any updates.

My advice...Unless you REALLY, REALLY, REALLY need to have Root, don't do it. Root access on the phone is just like Root access on Linux, or Administrator Roles in Windows. Yeah, you can do a lot more with it. But, it also means you can more easily screw it up. And, just like on a computer, if you are running root, and you get a malicious bit of code (Like those infected apps that made it into the market), that virus runs with Root access to the phone... that means it can do a LOT more damage.