1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Evervolv: can't read wikipedia articles?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Zumaki, Sep 20, 2011.

1. Zumaki

Zumaki Android Enthusiast

So far, there are two issues I have with Evervolv. One, the GPS is slow to respond, so navigation is almost unusable. (but not totally)

But the other issue seems easier to fix, maybe. I noticed when I was reading a wikipedia article, tapping the 'show' button in Dolphin browser no longer expands collapsed sections of articles. What's that about? I've never had any issues with Dolphin before, so I think it must be something about the ROM?

ROM is pretty solid, clean, and fun/fresh other than that. I feel like I have a new phone!

Advertisement

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

try wiping dalvik cahe and cache and see if that helps the dolphin browser.

as for your gps try this:
    1.download MSL Reader and write down your msl code.
    2.make a nandroid backup
    3.flash a sense rom like fresh
    4.dial ##GPSCLRX#
    5.a popup window will ask for your code, enter your msl code
    6.reboot
    7.nandroid restore

should fix it.

3. catty666

catty666 Newbie

Funny, that just started happening to me too. Wikipedia mobile site doesn't work right, hitting the section buttons doesn't do anything. I have to select the option to use the regular wikipedia website instead of mobile. And I use the Dolphin mini browser, which has an option to lock-in landscape mode, a necessity with those full-size wikipedia pages.

Forgot to add, I run the Fresh/Froyo rom, not evervolv.

4. andygu3

andygu3 Android Expert

Have you tried his most recent 9/16 nightly? Don't know if this issue is there or not but this build was extremely fast and stable;) http://evervolv.bpcr.biz/Nightlies/Evervolv-Acies-v1.2.0b1-Wimacs-09162011-NIGHTLY-supersonic.zip

5. Zumaki

Does that have good GPS? the ## fix listed above doesn't work on the 'stock' rooted ROM and I'd rather avoid having to flash ANOTHER ROM just for the gps. Unless I really need to (sigh).

Also this morning I think I noticed there's no voice to text with Evervolv? I couldn't speak destination into google Nav.

I'm a HUGE fan of the ROM in general but because of my new job, I need GPS to work reliably because I have to find my way around town. And no voice search is just sad :(

But the wikipedia thing is merely a nuisance.

/ramble off

edit: read on xda that GPS Status and Tools' "reset gps" function might do the same thing. I'm doing a backup restore of Evervolv and tryin it.

another edit: reset gps info, loaded my backup of evervolv, got a quick gps fix. then stupidly reset gps info again, now i can't get a lock. time to go through it all again.

6. Zumaki

Bah. Couldn't ever get the GPS to stay reliable. That, combined with no voice-to-text, constantly getting voicemail notification texts (despite blacklisting them in Handcent), and I couldn't mute the camera noise (ruins my peopleofwalmart shots!), and a few other little things, makes me have to revert back to the stupid, boring stock ROM.

Bums me out hard. I still love Evervolv, so I'll check it out again a few versions down the line.

edit: omg I've been using an older version. <facepalm>

gonna try new one tonight.