1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

every process force quits

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mcqtip, May 25, 2011.

1. mcqtip

mcqtip Guest

Hi all,
    I have a rooted incredible that was running the cyanogenmod 7. this morning i woke up and most applications would force close when i tried to open them. After reading various forums i tried to wipe the phone clean and do a factory reset, however when i do so the phone gets stuck on the yellow circle with a top hat.

I have also tried to put the factory rom back on the phone but have run into the same program.

the phone does boot up into recovery, so i hope it can still be fixed

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

What action are you using to make a selection in Clockwork? Use the trackpad button to make selections and the power button to go backward one screen. This is different from hboot and confuses people sometimes. Also, if you have a nandroid backup, this would be a great time to use it. Otherwise wipe and reload the rom.

3. drdoom

drdoom Android Expert

This is really odd because all of my applications started FCing early this morning running CM7; it has been running perfect for weeks. I had to jump to another ROM to stop it.

4. iowabowtech

Must admit, I too have been having some issues with CM7 the last few days. Internet closes randomly, keyboard won't go into landscape when texting sometimes, strange lag once in awhile, etc. I've had these same probs on rare occasion but lately they've been cropping up more often. Might have to full wipe and reload the latest or switch Roms for awhile.

5. mcqtip

mcqtip Guest

thankyou for your quick responses, there is no particular action that force closes. it is all of them, starts happening before i get to my home screen. and i have wiped my phone, and put the factory rom onto the sd card but when i try to fastboot it the phone just gets stuck on the yellow circe with a hot on it.

6. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Extreme Android User

what button are you using to select options with in clockwork?

7. mcqtip

mcqtip Guest

i am using the volume buttons to scroll up and down and the power button to select. the scroll ball dosent do anything

8. ArmchairBear

ArmchairBear Well-Known Member

Which version of CM7 are you guys using?

I've been having the Force Close problems a lot too. Those problems only showed up when I was running CM7 stable, all versions had the problem. 7.01 thru 7.03.

I used to run the experimental nightlies without ever running into the FC issues.

Right now I've done a full wipe and factory reset and installed the latest nightly. So far so good.

I suspect that there's something wrong with the CM7 stable versions (how ironic).

Also I've never had these problems when I was running CM6.

9. iowabowtech

So the recovery option exists in hboot, you just can't open Clockwork? I guess I'm not quite understanding your problem yet.

If you have Rom manager and can access it, select the option to reflash recovery, then try to enter recovery through Rom manager. Does that work?

10. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Extreme Android User

The power button is not used in clockwork(black background/orange text) to select, the trackpad is used(push it down). The power button takes you back a menu or to the screen you are seeing.(top hat looking thing)

Power button is used to select only in hboot(white background)

11. mcqtip

mcqtip Guest

thank you very much, i knew i was doing something stupid and that fixed it

12. iowabowtech

Lol, I thought something else was wrong since I offered that same advice in my first reply of this thread. Oh well, glad you got it.

13. droidmo

droidmo Member

So what ROM did you end up flashing and did it fix the FC issues? I randomly out of nowhere have been have the FC issues with every process on my phone and need to do something about it. Makes my phone utterly useless.

HTC Droid Incredible Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible release date was April 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

April 2010
Release Date
Reviews