• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Everyone gotta be careful with your sd card...

lentm

Jun 15, 2010
ah...i had a tough time yesterday...

i wanted hboot .92 and a new radio for my incredible, so i was preparing like this:

1. w/ titanium back up i erased every back ups i did, and re-backed up apps w/ datas.

2. i performed a nandroid backup.

3. then installed a new radio, then rebooted.

however, my phone read my sd card as read only. i didn't notice that this is gonna be a big problem at that time...

3. then i installed hboot .92.

tried to reboot, but i was stuck in hboot.

4. performed a nandroid restore. - md5 check failed.

5. i decided to remake md5 file, but failed because the phone was reading my sd card as read only.

6. mounted sd card, removed md5 file on windows, and remade md5 file.

7. restored, but stuck on 'htc Incredible logo.'

......................................:(

8. decided to install ruu file, worked. successed to reboot.

however, it kept reading sd card as read only.

I put my sd card on my reader, and most files were corrupted.....:(

even my nandroid back up files too........................

i repaired and restored some files on sd card, and backed up, formatted.

i don't know what caused to break my sd card...

be sure you back up your nandroid back up files and Titanium Back Up folder on somewhere else...

it was a long day.....T-T

A week or so ago, my SD card went to read only. I copied all the data to another identical SD and it was fine. It happened to me on the second card about a month ago and I used the first one successfully for a few weeks.the chances of the problem being with BOTH high grade SD cards is like zero.

Upvote 0
A week or so ago, my SD card went to read only. I copied all the data to another identical SD and it was fine. It happened to me on the second card about a month ago and I used the first one successfully for a few weeks.the chances of the problem being with BOTH high grade SD cards is like zero.

mine is 8gb class 6 from 'AData' which is not that good...

Upvote 0
be sure you back up your nandroid back up files on somewhere else...

Advice of the year right there. I make nand backups on a pretty regular basis but only keep a few on the card at any time. The rest get stashed on the PC. Same thing goes for the contents of the Titanium Backup folder.

That didn't sound like any fun at all.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones