1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Everyone gps?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Hawkmech, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Hawkmech

Hawkmech Active Member

May 2, 2010
    Trying to decide on droidx or sf, is everyone having serious gps issues?

Advertisement

2. E=Fb

E=Fb Member

Sep 8, 2010
    Alabama
    I haven't had any issues other than taking two to three minutes to lock on. But once it locks on it works
    perfect.

3. Darkhan

Darkhan Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Same for me. I had the X and it was a great phone, for me the Fas feels better. Really you should try each one and decide.

4. Droidus

Droidus Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2009
    No issues at all, accurate to 3 meters

5. EliC

EliC Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2010
    I have been having serious issues. If outside under a clear sky there are long lock times. Anything, including a car roof, seem to cut down on the phones ability to lock and hold a lock.

6. +1

7. tystevens

tystevens Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2010
    SLC, Utah
    No issues with mine. I've used the GPS nearly every day since I got the phone (the first day available). Works great! The only "issue" I've had is when I turn it on for the first time inside a building, it takes a while to lock on, and often wont get better than 50 meters or so. But within 30 seconds of walking outside, it locks w/in 3 meters (or closer sometimes), and doesn't lose me.

I don't know if this is unique to the SF, or if all GPS units work this way, so I'm not sure if it is a problem or not. But, why would I need the GPS inside a building, anyway? So, not really an issue for me, even if other phones are better able to locate the user's position inside.

8. matthewh

matthewh New Member

Sep 10, 2010
    I had serious issues until I found this post on forums:

After following those directions mine works great. Actually I only did steps 1 - 5. I should try it again and do steps 6 and 7. My GPS works great now though. Anyone having GPS issue should try this!

9. xceebeex

xceebeex Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Other than the occassional long lock on time, I don't really have any problems. I am usually accurate down to 3 meters and have even been as good as 1 meter before.

10. d1c1ple

d1c1ple Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2010
    test today on 4.5 hr commute boston to NJ. Worked pretty good. Had 1 area where it lost connectivity; but told it to route again and it picked up where it left off very quickly. Once in NJ i fired up GPS test and most in View were 12; in use most seen 10. Accuracy 3.3 ft is best I noticed. Still having learning curve issues though; using VLINGO to kick off voice navigation w google maps/nav. I set it as default and will test more next week during commute.

11. hanano17

hanano17 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    I wasn't having issues unless I was indoors, so i did this the other day and it now works perfectly in doors too. Even pinpoints me with 6 feet sometimes.

Everyone should try this if it is taking more than 30 secs to lock or you are getting pinpointed more than 100 feet away.

12. Veez

Veez Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2009
    love it! thanks for that tidbit!! any other lil secrets like this that will optimize the phone??