1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Everyone please check your heros!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ihavequestions, Dec 16, 2009.

1. ihavequestions

I just would like to make sure that this is not just my phone having this problem. My phone no longer gives me suggestions when I am typing in a google search. For example, like when you start typing "home" it might say "home mortgage, home auction, etc".. Please check your phones because i have not found any other thread about this subject. Thanks.

2. MattW

MattW Member

How many threads are you going to start to ask this question?

What android version are you running? As far as I understand, search web suggestions were only introduced in 1.6.

Assuming you are on 1.6, you may have web search suggestions turned off:
    Settings -> Search -> Google Search settings -> Show web suggestions

If and when 2.1 is released for my hero, I'll turn it off anyway - I don't want network traffic every time I search for something.

3. Ashman

Ashman Newbie

Was there an update to version 1.6 of google android for the EU Hero (have an unlocked Hero in the UK) MattW? When I look at the firmware version in settings it says 1.5.

4. MattW

MattW Member

1.5 is still the official current hero firmware - we will apparently be missing out 1.6 and going straight to 2.1 sometime in the new year.

However I believe some UK hero users have rooted their phones and installed 1.6

HTC Hero Forum

The HTC Hero release date was July 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 288GB RAM, MSM7200A processor, and 1350mAh battery.

July 2009
Release Date
Reviews