• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Everyone running GB, Please Read

I am very confused. I flashed the radio that was leaked a few weeks ago to get Baseband version 1.16.00.0402w_1. Are they referring to that as the gingerbread radio? Or was there a new radio released when the leaked version of GB came out? I am on Das_bamf 1.6 and if I remember correctly, it needed a radio upgrade. Am I safe?

Upvote 0
I am very confused. I flashed the radio that was leaked a few weeks ago to get Baseband version 1.16.00.0402w_1. Are they referring to that as the gingerbread radio? Or was there a new radio released when the leaked version of GB came out? I am on Das_bamf 1.6 and if I remember correctly, it needed a radio upgrade. Am I safe?

You're fine, no need to worry

Upvote 0
If you're not sure which radio you're running and are worried about what you've read you can check by do the following

menu>settings>about phone>software information>baseband version

if you see this 2.01.605.0 than you are running the gingerbread radio. Whether you want to switch back to froyo is your personal choice. For what it's worth, as I stated in the OP I've already switched back to froyo.

Upvote 0
That post wasn't directed towards you. It's just in case people don't know which they're running and didn't know how to find out

Just curious, how did I make it seem like there were two gb radios?

I just skimmed over the other post and thought that's what you meant when you responded and it sorta mad me think. I download my radio from what I believe is the first time it showed up on xda with like 4 or 5 other radio combos. Then last night I saw another page with the gb radio so I thought there were two out there.

Upvote 0
dammit! :mad: i really thot i was done with froyo for good. :(

guess ill run the mr1(down)upgrade and then flash cm7. for a couple days. i was wanting to go back to it for a bit anyway.

it sucks, looks like ill have to download it,the other rooted mr1 update i allready had doesnt match the md5.

THANKS worm,for bringin this to our attention (psst,that was a hint ;))

Reactions: WormDoes
Upvote 0
dammit! :mad: i really thot i was done with froyo for good. :(

guess ill run the mr1(down)upgrade and then flash cm7. for a couple days. i was wanting to go back to it for a bit anyway.

it sucks, looks like ill have to download it,the other rooted mr1 update i allready had doesnt match the md5.

THANKS worm,for bringin this to our attention (psst,that was a hint ;))

Just curious, why are you going to run the mr1? You should have no problem flashing one of the froyo radios and then CM7. Side note, ADB stopped recognizing my TB for some reason, but I booted BAMF 2.0 with the froyo radio then restored Stripped 1.1 and I'm running like a champ.

To be honest, I was planning on coming back to froyo soon anyways, Jcase's warning was just the catalyst. It was too buggy for me and the battery was awful. Sense 3.0 was just too much for me, too. I love some sense, but I wasn't a fan of the 3.0 elements. Sounds like a stock Android experience may be in my future

And thanks for the thanks ;)

Upvote 0
Just curious, why are you going to run the mr1?

simply because that was jcases recomendation. same reason i used adb to boot into bootloader instead of pulling the battery ;)

flashing whole RUUs in hboot is a little scary to me,and im definately contemplating just flashing the radios(even moved them to the SD card allready :p) but a small part of me worries that the leak may have effed up partitions,or other things i dont completely understand,and thus feels that running the MR1 update before something else may "fix" something else that we dont yet even know to be broken.

in jcases own words, he "posts what he believes to work". i.e,the most safe and reliable methods.

damn this thing charges so slow!(maybe like a watched teapot :eek:) im nervously waiting for enuff charge to at least flash the radios.

Upvote 0
also,i forgot to mention... my phone died the other day. no biggie. let it charge a couple minutes... wouldnt turn on. let it charge another 15 minutes and it still wouldnt turn on :eek: another 10 minutes,still no power. pull battery,still no power. try and turn on in hboot. nothing. i kept fiddling and it eventually came on,i dont know what happened.

i dont know that this is related,but just feel like i need to procede cautiously.

Upvote 0
simply because that was jcases recomendation. same reason i used adb to boot into bootloader instead of pulling the battery ;)

flashing whole RUUs in hboot is a little scary to me,and im definately contemplating just flashing the radios(even moved them to the SD card allready :p

Flashing RUU's in hboot scares the shit out of me, too. That's why I avoid it at all costs.

One thing I'm happy to have back with froyo is the quick mounting disk drive. I'd have to toggle internet pass through 2 or 3 times to get my SD to mount properly on gb

Upvote 0
Glad I check AF often.. Thanks for the post.

I was up till like 4:30am waiting for 2.0.5 remix and didn't even run it 24 hours before I'm back on Froyo.. :rolleyes:

I even purposely waited until most of the bugs were worked out before I made the jump to GB. Figured 5 revisions of BAMF would have been enough to know whether this radio was solid or not.

I could never get GB to scroll as smoothly as Froyo and that is a huge pet peeve of mine. Oh well.. at least my phone is working and not currently in a death loop.

Thanks again for posting this! I probably would have checked XDA sometime tonight, but who knows, could have been too late by then.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones