• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Everyone uses BobZhome Kernel

Although everyone uses his kernel, the different builds have some slightly different features. I believe Bobzhome is, more or less, THE kernel developer for the OV. What I love about the Devs for the OV is that they share everything with each other so that they combine the best from each separate ROM. The best ROM for one person may not be the best for another. You just have to try them all out :)

Upvote 0
The original kernel for IHO was made by Blarf, and tuned very well I might add. However, there was a time a few months ago when Blarf was too busy to participate as much in development. At about the same time, the newer phone's screens were showing their issues (required a kernel change in the main kernel and the recovery), and some people began requesting features that required changes to the kernel (cifs, etc). Bob stepped up and provided what was asked for, and made a couple of other improvements to the kernel (used a better tool chain, added a few teaks, added support for other functions, etc). I've stuck with Bob's kernel ever since, and I've been very happy with it!

And yes, all the devs do share everything we learn/discover with each other. That is what open source is all about (listen up carriers)! ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones