1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Everyone uses BobZhome Kernel

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Sublime420, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Sublime420

Sublime420 Newbie
    None

Jan 4, 2012
    I noticed all the roms on Github for the lg ov use bobzhome kernel so wouldnt his rom be the best one to use or am i looking at this in the wrong way?

Advertisement

2. a5pe4

a5pe4 Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 6, 2011
    Although everyone uses his kernel, the different builds have some slightly different features. I believe Bobzhome is, more or less, THE kernel developer for the OV. What I love about the Devs for the OV is that they share everything with each other so that they combine the best from each separate ROM. The best ROM for one person may not be the best for another. You just have to try them all out :)

3. G19

G19 Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 17, 2011
    I agree with the above poster. I've used Bobz's ROM. It worked great just like the other roms I've tried. But after trying many roms I find I liked backside most because it seemed to have the most features

4. JerryScript

JerryScript Android Expert
    None

Mar 15, 2011
    Las Vegas
    The original kernel for IHO was made by Blarf, and tuned very well I might add. However, there was a time a few months ago when Blarf was too busy to participate as much in development. At about the same time, the newer phone's screens were showing their issues (required a kernel change in the main kernel and the recovery), and some people began requesting features that required changes to the kernel (cifs, etc). Bob stepped up and provided what was asked for, and made a couple of other improvements to the kernel (used a better tool chain, added a few teaks, added support for other functions, etc). I've stuck with Bob's kernel ever since, and I've been very happy with it!

And yes, all the devs do share everything we learn/discover with each other. That is what open source is all about (listen up carriers)! ;)

rooter1 and brotherswing like this.
Tags: