• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Everyone with Seidio 1750 Extended Battery step in!

I thought about getting the bigger battery but the price was just too much for little reward, and my Eris makes it thru the day with no problem and can get a day and a half if I really need it to. I guess if I really was having a problem with the Eris making it through the day I'd get the 3500 for a few extra bucks and a few extra mm

If Iwas gonna do anything I'd get an imitation battery off ebay they had 2 1500 batteries and a charger for under $20 if I remember correctly

Upvote 0
I have one, and to be honest its not worth the extra $50 (plus shipping). For those of you expecting your phone to last days without charging buy purchasing the extended 1750 mAH battery. You'll be very disappointed. I would not consider myself a "power user" at all. I make calls, text, and occasionally use web browser...that's about it, and i still have to charge my phone every night.

For those looking to keep the nice slim form factor, but in need of more battery power. You're much better off getting 2 1500 mAH batteries and a charger for $20. Obviously the only downside is that you have to carry around a 2nd battery.

Upvote 0
I have the Seidio 1750 battery and love it. I always charge my phone over night, while I am sleeping, and since I got the 1750, I make it through the day with out really having to think about my battery usage. Of course I made some adjustments when I first got my Eris, like keeping the GPS, bluetooth and wifi off when not in use, turning down my brightness, etc. - and I still keep the phone that way. The only thing I changed since I got the 1750, is now I have my phone pull my work email every 15 minutes. Before, on the stock battery, I kept it at every 30.

I noticed an improvement in battery life almost right away - after at least one full charge of the 1750. Does it let me run my phone for two or three days? No - but I did not expect it to. Charging every night is fine with me.

Upvote 0
I have the Seidio 1750 battery and love it. I always charge my phone over night, while I am sleeping, and since I got the 1750, I make it through the day with out really having to think about my battery usage. Of course I made some adjustments when I first got my Eris, like keeping the GPS, bluetooth and wifi off when not in use, turning down my brightness, etc. - and I still keep the phone that way. The only thing I changed since I got the 1750, is now I have my phone pull my work email every 15 minutes. Before, on the stock battery, I kept it at every 30.

I noticed an improvement in battery life almost right away - after at least one full charge of the 1750. Does it let me run my phone for two or three days? No - but I did not expect it to. Charging every night is fine with me.

How do you change the time of pulling your email?

Upvote 0
Again, guys, you don't "condition" these batteries. Caddy said it, every time you completely drain the battery, you kill a little part of the battery's overall capacity and it will steadily decrease over time.

If anything, these batteries love partial charges.

In order to properly calibrate the battery initially you are encouraged to do a full discharge charge cycle and then proceed with your battery usage. The site Frisco recommended said so itself. Furthermore it has to do with the voltage per cell...if the voltage per cell drops below a certain point it can sometimes think it no longer has the ability to hold a charge and removes it from its usable lot of cells. Also it is well documented that overtime the batteries do last longer than their first charge.

Also for what its worth...I purchased the 1750 not with the intent to use my phone for multiple days but primarily so I can just leave my gps, wifi, animations, screen brightness, etc. ON instead of having to toggle them whenever i needed them or squinting at a screen that was at the threshold of visible outside. This battery does not have superbattery powers but it will let you use all the features of your phone moderately to heavily throught an entire day....bottom line unless you want the 3500mah battery just be prepared to charge every night. OR invent a new battery technology for the rest of us and become rich.

Upvote 0
In order to properly calibrate the battery initially you are encouraged to do a full discharge charge cycle and then proceed with your battery usage. The site Frisco recommended said so itself. Furthermore it has to do with the voltage per cell...if the voltage per cell drops below a certain point it can sometimes think it no longer has the ability to hold a charge and removes it from its usable lot of cells. Also it is well documented that overtime the batteries do last longer than their first charge.

Also for what its worth...I purchased the 1750 not with the intent to use my phone for multiple days but primarily so I can just leave my gps, wifi, animations, screen brightness, etc. ON instead of having to toggle them whenever i needed them or squinting at a screen that was at the threshold of visible outside. This battery does not have superbattery powers but it will let you use all the features of your phone moderately to heavily throught an entire day....bottom line unless you want the 3500mah battery just be prepared to charge every night. OR invent a new battery technology for the rest of us and become rich.

Yeah, exactly what he said!

Upvote 0
I purchased the 1750 battery a few days after getting my HTC Droid Eris because the OEM battery did not even last through a work day. If the phone was 75% charged when I went to bed, it woke me up beeping because the battery drained during the night. To me, a few hours more time is worth the expense compared to the 3500 because I want to use the Innocase. Also, the price is/was $41 on amazon.com.

I saw several posts saying that this type of battery doesn't need conditioning, but the manufacturer says it does. I did see better than OEM performance right away, even better after the recommended 5-6 charge cycles. However, I put in my OEM battery this week and found that it is also getting decent performance. I suppose I panicked when my new phone was only getting 4-5 hours per charge. Now that the battery has been used more, it is doing much better.

I'm also suspicious that the battery meter application I downloaded from the market may have been draining the battery.

Upvote 0
The caveat to doing a full discharge of a Lithium-Ion battery is that you will shorten the life of the battery over time each time you do that.

The conditioning aspect of doing that can be achieved without full discharge; merely "top" the battery often, let it drain with normal usage, but never all the way, and recharge much longer than past the point when the indicator turns green.

So, a "full discharge then charge cycle" is one way to condition the battery, but at the costs of shortening the useful life of the battery.

Of all the info about the L.I. batteries at that great site, this paragraph is the most operative for us with cell phones, in my opinion:

"[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A lithium-ion battery provides 300-500 discharge/charge cycles. The battery prefers a partial rather than a full discharge. Frequent full discharges should be avoided when possible. Instead, charge the battery more often or use a larger battery."[/FONT]

Upvote 0
It is my understanding, however, that two 50% charges have almost the same effect on the lifetime of the battery that a single 100% charge does. Batteries are affected by the number of charging cycles, meaning the number of times it has done the equivalent of a 100% charge. I think that it is better to do several smaller charges only because the last 10 to 20 percent is done at a slower, trickle charge, but the effect is probably minimal.

Upvote 0
It is my understanding, however, that two 50% charges have almost the same effect on the lifetime of the battery that a single 100% charge does. Batteries are affected by the number of charging cycles, meaning the number of times it has done the equivalent of a 100% charge. I think that it is better to do several smaller charges only because the last 10 to 20 percent is done at a slower, trickle charge, but the effect is probably minimal.

That makes sense, too.

What is most telling in my experience is a lesson I learned over time with these phones; I was in the habit of never putting the battery on the charger until it had fully run down, an old holdover from Ni-Cad days.

When I think back now, I'd been really damaging those batteries, the Lithium ones, and lamenting having to buy new ones every several months. I was cursing the "new fangled, crappy batteries out now."

Well, I found out the problem; once I started "topping" instead of fully discharging them I began to see whole months added to usage, to the point that my old Curve battery is still getting great cycle time and it is almost three years old!

Upvote 0
The 3500 looks good. I just got a second 1350 for 15$ shortly after I purchased the phone and really fine with that, for some overnighters or mysterious quick battery discharges (Becuase of trying to get signal in big buildings or idk). The 3500 looks good for major traveling/camping and what-not, but one thing for sure is yeah, I'm not getting the 1750 for 50$+ for +3~ hours when a second one is only 15$. If I wanted to stick to one powerhouse battery, I think I'd go all the way for the 3500! ")

Upvote 0
I have the 1750 and it was worth every penny. I don't even have to think about the battery anymore. I just throw it on the charger when I go to bed. If I forget to do that, it will last just fine until I get a chance to plug it in the next day. So, it easily will go over 24 hours. I would have gone with the 3500 but could not get past how large it looks and it wouldn't fit in the holster I got from Verizon that I really like.

Upvote 0
I thought about getting the bigger battery but the price was just too much for little reward, and my Eris makes it thru the day with no problem and can get a day and a half if I really need it to. I guess if I really was having a problem with the Eris making it through the day I'd get the 3500 for a few extra bucks and a few extra mm

If Iwas gonna do anything I'd get an imitation battery off ebay they had 2 1500 batteries and a charger for under $20 if I remember correctly

I got some of these a couple of weeks ago. They didn't blow up my phone when I plugged them in. They don't get any hotter than the stock battery while under heavy use. And they give me about 5% more charge at the end of the day - which is about all I expected and pretty much all I needed. I just wanted that extra little bit so my phone wouldn't bark at me about being low on battery, when I was reading my Ebook before bed.
And of course I now have a fully charged reserve battery in the event that I need it, which hasn't happened yet.

Upvote 0
I got some of these a couple of weeks ago. They didn't blow up my phone when I plugged them in. They don't get any hotter than the stock battery while under heavy use. And they give me about 5% more charge at the end of the day - which is about all I expected and pretty much all I needed. I just wanted that extra little bit so my phone wouldn't bark at me about being low on battery, when I was reading my book before bed.
And of course I now have a fully charged reserve battery in the event that I need it, which hasn't happened yet.

Great I was hoping someone would chime in on these, that is what I'll be ordering today . I was just gonna get the single battery and cahrger but for $4 more you get 2, kind of a no brainer . I usually am only down to about 40-50% at the end of a normal day but it would be great to have that extra battery in my car incase I decided to not come home and not have to worry about having a charger with me if I don' tcome home for a few days lol

Upvote 0
I have one, and to be honest its not worth the extra $50 (plus shipping). For those of you expecting your phone to last days without charging buy purchasing the extended 1750 mAH battery. You'll be very disappointed. I would not consider myself a "power user" at all. I make calls, text, and occasionally use web browser...that's about it, and i still have to charge my phone every night.

For those looking to keep the nice slim form factor, but in need of more battery power. You're much better off getting 2 1500 mAH batteries and a charger for $20. Obviously the only downside is that you have to carry around a 2nd battery.

I feel the same as TheProfessional about the 1750. I kinda wish I had spent my $ on the 2 1500mAh batteries with the fancy charger.
But I do have a spare battery now :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I got the 1750 last week and really put it to the test for the first time yesterday. I don't normally use my phone as much more than an mp3 player during the day because I get no service at my desk. As soon as I get to work, the phone goes into airplane mode until the end of the day.

Yesterday, though, I was at a conference and ended up having problems back at the office. So I spent most of the day making and receiving calls, sending/receiving Exchange ActiveSync e-mails, text messages, Gmail, and checking/posting to Twitter via Seesmic regularly. I was using both the VZW network and WiFi throughout the day.

At 7:00 PM last night, the phone had been off the charger for a little more than 12 hours and after what is a heavy use day for me, it still had 36% of the charge. That is above and beyond what I could have ever expected with the OEM battery. I'm happy with the battery.

This is on the latest 2.1 leak.

Upvote 0
Mine is still draining just like my standard but I seen on the package that the battery came in it said about 5-6 charge cycles and it will be good.

You can't "condition" a lithium-ion battery.

Regardless of whether or not you can condition a lithium-ion battery, it clearly says on the package to follow instructions along the lines of "conditioning". I would do it, Seidio probably knows what they're talking about- after all, they did manufacture the battery.

I followed their instructions and I am happy with its performance compared to the stock 1300 mAh HTC Eris battery.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones