• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Everyone with Seidio 1750 Extended Battery step in!

The 1750 mah battery through amazon.com, for 41 dollars. ordered it on May 5th, it was finally shipped the 17th, and i got it today, USPS! pretty damn quick, i might add! So i just did the initial charge up, and so far it seems pretty good...package even says it'll get better after the first 5-6 charges, so here's hoping!

also, mine has no fit problems. the back fits on perfectly with no openings

Upvote 0
If I end up with the Eris, I do plan to get either the 1750 or 3500 replacement battery. I know the 3500 adds a bit of thickness to the phone, but if battery life is as bad as I have heard with the stock battery, i'll accept the extra thickness if need be. Will probably try the 1750 first though to see if that works well enough.

Upvote 0
Had this 1750 battery for about 3 months and I sometimes forget I'm using an aftermarket extended battery until I hang out with people who use the Eris and it's stock battery. They're complaints about how often they have to charge it are valid since I did have to fork over an extra $40, but I never worry about my phone dying during a normal day.

Last month I took my stock battery as a backup with me to Coachella and for 5 days I got by on just the two batteries and only using the hell out of the phone in the evening hours. Internet in the desert at 3am. In a tent. Party.

Upvote 0
My 1750 I got for my ex-gf...

Fully charged it, she used it all day that day.

That night, she puts it on the charger (after ALMOST FULLY draining it, like the instructions say).

When she woke up, her phone was frozen (software), and the phone was SO HOT, she couldn't even touch it. Pulled battery out. When she puts it back in, she can't turn the phone on. ALL THAT HAPPENS is the trackball glows white.

Now, even with a stock Battery, you can't leave the phone on the charger for more than a few hours, or it SEVERELY overheats.

I think this Seidio broke the internal shut-off for applying charge to the battery.

If I plug the Seidio battery into any Eris (like mine), the trackball just glows (you can't power the phone on, that's all that happens).

Sucks that she's on Cricket, and Rooted. If I got a new phone on warranty, there's no telling whether it would be Rootable or not!

Reactions: ttran97
Upvote 0
I have to 3500 battery. Its a beast, but it performs exceptionally well, compared to the stock battery. I recently took a trip to New York, and it managed to last 24 hours on the bus ride there under near constant use (I did put it in Airplane Mode though, when I wasn't using phone or internet functions). I brought my stock battery, just in case though.

Upvote 0
My 1750 I got for my ex-gf...

Fully charged it, she used it all day that day.

That night, she puts it on the charger (after ALMOST FULLY draining it, like the instructions say).

When she woke up, her phone was frozen (software), and the phone was SO HOT, she couldn't even touch it. Pulled battery out. When she puts it back in, she can't turn the phone on. ALL THAT HAPPENS is the trackball glows white.

Now, even with a stock Battery, you can't leave the phone on the charger for more than a few hours, or it SEVERELY overheats.

I think this Seidio broke the internal shut-off for applying charge to the battery.

If I plug the Seidio battery into any Eris (like mine), the trackball just glows (you can't power the phone on, that's all that happens).

Sucks that she's on Cricket, and Rooted. If I got a new phone on warranty, there's no telling whether it would be Rootable or not!

I leave my Eris on the charger all night, with the stock battery. My phone has never froze or overheated. Sounds to me like it was more your phone's problem, or you just had incredibly bad luck and got two bad batteries.

Upvote 0
I leave my Eris on the charger all night, with the stock battery. My phone has never froze or overheated. Sounds to me like it was more your phone's problem, or you just had incredibly bad luck and got two bad batteries.

No, with any battery, it does it. We had 3 batteries between our 2 phones, PLUS the 1750 seidio. If you leave her phone on the charger now, with any battery, for more than a couple of hours, it keeps getting hotter and hotter and hotter.

I think it's still trying to 'charge' the battery, even though it's full. Like the charging cutoff got broken.

It's funny, for MONTHS STRAIGHT, every night it was on the charger all night, no problem.

With the Seidio in there, one night, overheated like CRAZY, and never has charged properly without overheating again. I have a hard time believing that the battery had nothing to do with it.

I'd still buy their product though. Just bad luck, I bet.

You can't have EVERY product manufacture 100% perfectly every time, you know?

Upvote 0
No, with any battery, it does it. We had 3 batteries between our 2 phones, PLUS the 1750 seidio. If you leave her phone on the charger now, with any battery, for more than a couple of hours, it keeps getting hotter and hotter and hotter.

I think it's still trying to 'charge' the battery, even though it's full. Like the charging cutoff got broken.

It's funny, for MONTHS STRAIGHT, every night it was on the charger all night, no problem.

With the Seidio in there, one night, overheated like CRAZY, and never has charged properly without overheating again. I have a hard time believing that the battery had nothing to do with it.

I'd still buy their product though. Just bad luck, I bet.

You can't have EVERY product manufacture 100% perfectly every time, you know?

Oh, NOW I understand. Yeah, probably just a bad battery. When it overheated it probably screwed up the phone and that's why it won't last more than a few hours. Probably broke some piece of hardware in there, maybe a heatsink? Do they even use one on this phone?

Upvote 0
I'm still very happy with my 1750. Getting 20-24 hours instead of 15-18.

+1. I've had it since January 10. I've had no issues; it always gets me from morning until night, except that one place (a friend's ski cabin) where there is a marginal cell signal, and it just kills the battery. The stock, of course, would have fared far worse. And, because I am actually in the cabin, I can just plug it in when it needs some juice.

Upvote 0
This thread caught my eye, since I just installed one of these things in my Eris (to try and get at least a whole day out of a charge, and I admit, I'm pushing it's limits with apps). :p

I didn't notice any difference on day 1, but I think I know why. Here's the recommendation on how to charge it, from the horses mouth:

"In order to obtain the full capacity of your Seidio battery, we highly recommend that you leave the battery/your phone on the charger for an additional 2-3 hours after the charging indicator turns green or the battery status shows full.
"

Innocell 1750mAh Slim Extended Life Battery For use with HTC Droid Eris/Incredible

I definitely blew it on the test run. I pulled the USB cord almost the exact second the charging light turned green, and this is apparently a no-no. I kinda wondered if the charging system might be calibrated to match the stock battery's capacity, and perhaps show the charge as "green" when there's still a lot more room left on the battery. Looks like this may be the case...

Upvote 0
I kinda wondered if the charging system might be calibrated to match the stock battery's capacity, and perhaps show the charge as "green" when there's still a lot more room left on the battery. Looks like this may be the case...

Definitely. The phone has to learn the capacity of the battery, especially if you switch to a different battery after it's already learned. If you're rooted, there's an option in Recovery to "wipe battery stats," which speeds up the learning process by clearing out the data from the old battery.

Lithium Ion batteries don't have memory, so there's no physical reason to drain the battery completely or charge it completely. However, the software is dependent on you doing that for a couple of cycles so that it can learn the total capacity of the battery.

Upvote 0
I too bought the 1750 battery and followed the five cycle conditioning when I got it. For the first couple of weeks it didn't make much difference and I would have about 10% left after an 18 hour day - about the same as the stock 1300 battery. But in the 3rd week I would end up with about 40% left and now I have about 50% left at the end of the day. I don't normally top it off unless I have the usb plugged in to access the sd card but I do throw it on the charger every night. I have actually gone about 36 hours on a charge with moderate use. I typically send / receive about 100-150 texts a day, spend maybe an hour using the internet listening to pandora or checking email, play an hour or so of games, make about 25 calls and use the eris to check the time a lot since I don't wear a watch. I only turn on 3G or wifi when I need it but I use the blue tooth about 4 hours a day. I also tinker with my phone quite a bit. I think it was a good buy for the extra time I get out of the 1750.

Upvote 0
I know this is old, but for the sake of everyone being an educated consumer, I'd like to say that I just returned my Seidio battery back to Amazon. I gave it 8 days, starting with full discharges, turning the phone off to charge, and even unplugging and replugging the phone to the charger, while still off, on the 3rd-5th charge. It was not super crappy life, BUT:

1) Battery life was no better than my HTC 1500 mah battery, which is much cheaper. Even if i gained an hour, it wouldn't be worth it because...
2) The battery was always hotter than the HTC, even to the point where I noticed it being warm a few time while the phone was in my pocket. I don't like the idea of something getting as hot as it did sitting millimeters from my SLCD screen. In theory it doesn't really matter, but real life is not a theory room.
3) This one is weird, I admit: When I used the Seidio battery, I got a quiet, but high-pitched tone out of my right-channel headphone anytime the phone put an audio signal into my headphones. whether it was listening to music, clicking a sub-section in the phone's Settings menu, clicking phone digits, whatever. It was driving me insane. Once I put my HTC battery back in, it was gone. Coincidence, maybe...
4) The battery gave off a dangerous vibe. The label that wrapped around the battery wasn't that tight, the battery could be flexed more than the HTC one, and the plastic siding that went around the battery could be slightly moved side-to-side, including the one with the electrical contacts.
5) My back case made more creaking noises as I handled the phone with the Seidio battery than with the HTC battery. Those little things get to me, haha.

So, that is my experience with the Seidio 1750 for the Incredible. I buy electronics to use them, so my phone has HTC Weather updating every hour, Gmail notification as well as Calendar, Google Docs sync, Google Voice, and Google Talk, as well as various 3rd party apps that offer background syncing. I listen to music on my phone with the stock music app, search the internet when I want to, and use my Incredible as my digital camera. Data connection is set to Always On and I allow background data. I don't know what people have their phones set at or what they do with them, but if your Incredible is used like mine...
Do Not Expect 30 Hrs Of Use.
Maybe mine was defective, but I don't care enough. I recommend that everyone should stick with HTC if they can, but if the Seidio works well for you, then don't fix what isn't broken.

Reactions: JenBlalock
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones