• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Everything About Pre-orders and More

Ruben

Android Expert
Dec 20, 2009
For those of you confused with VZW's and Bestbuy's pre-order system, hopefully this will solve your problem.

VZW FAQ:
  • You must pre-order by 4/28 4pm local time to get your device on launch day. If you miss this date, you're better off going to the store.
  • You cannot pre-order at a store.
  • Call your VZW store if you are picking it up there! They might be opening extra early for you Incredible lovers. :cool:
  • If you will be at work most of the day on launch day (4/29), you will miss your device because you have to sign for it. If no one can sign for it, it will go back to the sorting plant (which in my case in an hour and a half away).
  • Previous experiences at stores: Blackberry Storm sold out in 5 minutes; they had plenty of Droids. Seems that VZW has learned from their mistake with the Blackberry, so I think you'll be fine.

Best Buy FAQ
  • You will fill out a form, pay $50 on Sunday and get a $50 gift card, which also serves as your ticket to pick up your phone once it's available.
  • This will be in-store pickup.
  • I have had trouble with returns at Best Buy. VZW will usually replace your phone if you say it has something wrong with it, but at Best Buy I have had to pay 15% of the product retail to return it. Yah...

Enjoy your new Incredibles!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones