1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Everything stops unexpectedly

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Devali8, Sep 30, 2010.

1. Devali8

Devali8 New Member

Sep 8, 2010
    Software Systems Engineer
    San Antonio
    So I got my fascinates just last week, and my wifes phone has been acting crazy a bit, and I am sure its one of the thousands of apps she has installed. So I went into the 'recovery menu' and cleared the cache and did a factory reset from there to just restore to factory state, and now everything stops unexpectedly. Gmail, calendar, and most of all, media message just keeps popping up every 3 seconds or so. If i remove the sd card the media message will stop, but if I launch things like gmail, calendar, car dock, video player, etc., they all stop unexpectedly. I cannot even setup the market place again due to this failing, does anyone have any ideas why this is happening and what I can do to fix it?

Thanks for any and all help

Advertisement

2. Devali8

Devali8 New Member

Sep 8, 2010
    Software Systems Engineer
    San Antonio
    Alright, well, that was a quick fix after fighting with it and reformating SD card and trying a hundred other things. After using the recovery menu, apparently you also have to go to:

Settings --> Privacy --> Factory Data Reset

And reset through there, the phone rebooted, did some reset stuff in a recovery menu looking thing on its own, rebooted again, started up, and all is working fine. Sorry for making a mess and an extra post, but maybe it will help somebody, spent like 3 hours trying all kinds of stuff and all it took was this 3 minute little process...:(