• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

EVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti Classified (448 Core) P/N 012-P3-2068-KR

eVGA does MIRs all the time. I opted for the card I started the tread with b/c it was the classified version, and it has dual fans - keeps the GPU a helluva lot cooler than a single.

I think I'm having an issue though - the new ME3 is not using DX11, IIRC - might it be b/c I'm using a 260 for PhysX, which is not Dx11 ready?

Reactions: alostpacket
Upvote 0
Ah yeah. Well My RAM arrived so I'll be messing with that some. Really I think my biggest bottleneck is my HD. =\ I was getting 7.5-7.9 on most windows experience scores except my HD which was still stuck at good ol 5.9

SSDs are so expensive though.

Nuy yhis card still seems nice. Maybe I will look at the 580s and 590s over the new few months though. I think the next thing I am putting money towards is definitely going to be an SSD.

Upvote 0
If you opt for a SATA II SSD, you'll get a majority of the performance without taking a major hit to the wallet. I've got the IBM X25-M Gen2 80 GB SSD, connected (for no reason other than that is the way I set it up) to my SATA III connector. It provides no real obvious benefit that way, since the drive is a SATA II only, but even when I have it on a regular SATA II port my HD WEI is the exact same - 7.7.

In contrast, even with the 560 TI, my WEI graphics scores are only 7.1. I wonder if that is because I'm using the 260 for PhysX...but WEI only looks at the primary video card, which is the 560....

Upvote 0
OK, lol, correction. Apparently I had not run the WEI Assessment after buying this card.

New WEI - much more acceptable, except the processor - Seriously? Only a 7.6 from the behemoth 965 in this system?

WEI March 2012.JPG

Reactions: alostpacket
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones