• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Evil Eris 2.0 with OC and Apps2SD is Here!

andrizoid

Android Expert
Mar 25, 2010
THANK YOU FRAMEWORK & TKIRTON FOR ALL OF YOUR HARD WORK

edit 5-5: stayed up all night with the dev of a2sd, finally got this working. framework left out a few files so the a2sd didnt work. thanks to tkirton its all up and running.

edit 5-6: only worked once and was a fluke, caused my phone to crash 5 minutes later and sent into an endless reboot cycle.
Thanks to Tkirtons hard work, we compiled a new kernel and injected that into the working Evil Erisv2 ROM. Apps2SD is fully functional with no set up needed.

edit 5-9: OC is WORKING! LWP coming tomorrow. have not confirmed that a2sd is also working
http://www.filefactory.com/file/b196864/n/EvilEris2.0.1.zip

SD card MUST be correctly partitioned for Apps2SD to work.

How to Partition
**WARNING**
PARTITIONING THE SD CARD IS KNOWN TO SHORTEN THE LIFESPAN OF YOUR SD CARD. DO NOT COMPLAIN TO ME WHEN YOU HAVE TO GET A NEW ONE A FEW MONTHS EARLY
1. copy SD card contents to your computer.
2. boot into recovery mode
3. select partition SD card
4. select partition SD card again and follow the directions on screen using the default settings that will automatically pop up
5. select ext2 to ext3 and allow that to run
6. congrats. you are now ready to flash the ROM

EE2 with a2sd but NO OC
http://www.filefactory.com/file/b188eb4/n/evileris20b-a2sd-signed.zip

EE2.0.1 with OC and a2sd
http://www.filefactory.com/file/b196864/n/EvilEris2.0.1.zip

flash this like you would do any other ROM.
copy file onto your SD card
NAND backup
dalvik and data reset
install from SD card

First Reboot may take around 10 minutes. I was just about to do a battery pull when it finaly restarted.

dont worry, its normal for the first time it comes up to be weird. i think the HTC screen popped up about 3 or 4 times and even after the lockscreen popped up,the HTC Quietly Brilliant screen was still up for another good 3 or 4 minutes. just flash the rom and let your phone sit until it all reloads.

If you are still having touble, feel free to email or gCHat @ me
kenkyger@gmail.com

saw this over at xda and didnt notice it up on here yet. of course, all credit goes to framework :D
enjoy

[ROM]-[5/4/2010] Evil Eris v2.0 (HTC Sense UI - Android 2.1)[Overclock and Apps2SD!] - xda-developers

im including the mms fix zip for those of you who do not have an xda account.
make sure to read all instructions.

Attachments

• mmsfix.zip
    4.6 KB · Views: 101
Has anyone tried this yet? How far have you tried to overclock it? ( I think I saw Framework said you could go to 733mhz). Does it make a difference? Does the battery really suffer?
I'm a leaker so I can't use this, I'm more curious then anything...

you can oc to767mhz. It is definitely a quick rom eris is about 1/3 faster in my opinion. Framework did a nice job.

Upvote 0
Man, I"m in ROM limbo. I have 1.5 and have been waiting for the Killer ROM. Does anyone know what 2.1 this is based off of? I read the XDA thread and it doesn't mention which leak (or phone! some ROMS are ported from Sprint...) this is based on. is it 2.1v3?

BTW if someone could combine Sensable 2.0 Blue + Evil Eris 2.0 + Aloysius v9 I'd root right now :D

Upvote 0
Hey Andrizoid,

I know this information is posted somewhere. But i just rooted my phone 2 days ago and spent about 4 days prior reading information... lol... my head still hurts.

So I've read here that some people swith back and forth between roms pretty often... dont remember if you're one of them...

Everytime you go to a new rom you loose everything? Start from a new phone?

I know you can back up your phone. But say I dont like this new rom and want to switch back to my current one, again I have to start over? Or can the roms be saved on my card along with all apps and setting?

Upvote 0
Yes, everytime you switch to a new ROM you do lose all of your set-up and apps.

Before you change to a new ROM, you should always do a NAND backup of your current set-up.
If you don't like the new ROM, you can simply restore that NAND backup and your phone will be exactly like it was when you backed up. Even keeps existing text and emails.

edit: Ok, I ran this ROM OC'd to ~700 for about an hour. Everything ran great and very fast. I personally just don't like sense so I restored my Vanilla NAND and went back to it. I "thought" my Vanilla was fast.......nope, OC'ing makes a very noticable difference.

Reactions: ferrocene
Upvote 0
this is based off v3, only Rom with oc right now, I have it clicked all the way up. the display will not show over 587 or whatever it is but its still running higher.

no issues so far. based off sense btw

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

Actually, its based of of sprint hero 2.1 sense. I believe that the leaks are trying to catch up to this. I doubt this will be the last leak. Possibly one more. I could be wrong tho.

Upvote 0
Actually, its based of of sprint hero 2.1 sense. I believe that the leaks are trying to catch up to this. I doubt this will be the last leak. Possibly one more. I could be wrong tho.

corrected.
its based off the hero 2.1

im thinking this will be the final leak. there are not many issues to be worked out, and it fits the time frame from the ther leaks

v1 came around january, v2 came in march, 2 months later v3, and july is the speculated date for the ota.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones