1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Evil Eris Help

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Niffteh, Jun 2, 2011.

1. Niffteh

Niffteh Lurker

Hello android forum, I have a slight(and when i say slight i mean ridiculously large) problem. My Eris rotted with the evil eris v4 rom will not download any mms or apps from the app store, its not a wireless connection problem because i can connect to the internet and i can send mms, I just cant download them, i get a "Generic network failure." Please help

2. doogald

doogald Extreme Android User

I moved this to the "All things root" subforum.

Hmmm, I'm not sure what this could be. If you go to settings->SD card & phone storage, how much available space do you have under "Internal phone storage"? Do you have a lot of MMS or SMS messages stored on the phone?

3. Niffteh

Niffteh Lurker

I have over 5 gigs and i removed all of my saved mms, and still nothing, its very frustrating.

4. doogald

doogald Extreme Android User

Not SD storage available - phone storage available. It should be listed lower on that settings display.

5. Niffteh

Niffteh Lurker

I have 48 mb left

6. CondemnedSoul

CondemnedSoul Android Enthusiast

MMS has been an ongoing issue with Evil Eris. I believe Tazz fixed it and renamed the rom to Evil Tazz... It's Evil Eris V5 or 6 or 7 lol. He messed with it for a while and I thought it was corrected. My suggestion would be to try updating to that or using xtrsense.

Here is a link to Tazz thread on his reworking of Evil Eris
    {ROM} Evil Eris/Tazz 7 / 3-27-11 mail fc fixed new link - xda-developers

Here is xtrsense if you want to try something different
    [ROM][GPL][3/15/2011] xtrSENSE5.0.1 [cache2cache,apps2sd,oc,jit]-HTC Sense - xda-developers

TheDroidLife likes this.
  7. Niffteh

Niffteh Lurker

Thank you so much, Is there any way to give thanks you on this forum(Im new here).

scary alien likes this.
  8. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary

Yes, of course (and thank you for asking too...its good to know folks appreciate the help of great folks like CondemnedSoul and doogald).

There's a "Thanks" button on the lower, right-hand corner of the post(s) that you would like to thank.

Cheers!

HTC Droid Eris Forum

The HTC Droid Eris release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 288GB RAM, MSM7600 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews