• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Evil Eris Tethering App

Actually, now I'm getting this error message: Tether Not Found. To enable this application, you must have tether package installed. Your tether should also be installed on the /data/local/ directory. Do you want to install tether?

When I click install, it says it's installing, but it just freezes. Any idea where/how to manually install this "tether package"? I tried installing the wifi-tether app but aNetshare still gives me this error.

Upvote 0
Actually, now I'm getting this error message: Tether Not Found. To enable this application, you must have tether package installed. Your tether should also be installed on the /data/local/ directory. Do you want to install tether?

When I click install, it says it's installing, but it just freezes. Any idea where/how to manually install this "tether package"? I tried installing the wifi-tether app but aNetshare still gives me this error.
Put this file in your /data/local/bin folder see if that works
see if that helps.
tether
I might need to get you some more files but i'm not sure so just try it out see what happens.
Also make sure you have debugging on, did you ever get a prompt for su request?
Mine works fine I actually just tested it with my laptop, so let me know how it goes.

Upvote 0
No luck. I actually went to this site: Tethering via WiFi - Install Procedures - Updated 1/29/09 - xda-developers

I downloaded the tar file. Copied the files from it to my sdcard. Created /data/local/ in root and copied the files there. Maybe I missed a step, but I'm still getting the same error. Do I have to type start tether to get it working? Will I have to do that everytime?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones