1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General Evil Eris, where do you get

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by squirrellydw, Jun 12, 2010.

1. squirrellydw

squirrellydw Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2009
    So where do I get it, how hard is it to install, are the instructions and does it erase my apps I have installed?

Thanks

I have 2.1 now

Advertisement

2. ACD168

ACD168 Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Not being mean here, but your entire post was a mess:D. I will do my best with what you gave us. First:
    "I have 2.1 now" well I'm not quite sure why or what this means. Are you rooted? Do you know what root is?
    Second: "So where do I get it"
    Easy - Go to xda here's the link, There's many ROMs on this site - all for the Eris. Droid Eris Android Development - xda-developers
    Third: "how hard is it to install"
    There is nothing "hard" about it.
    Forth: "are the instructions"
    I'm assuming you mean how hard are the instructions.
    and again, nothing hard about it.
    fifth: "and does it erase my apps I have installed?"
    To put it simply, Yes. Search around, there's plenty of information for backing up your apps if you're interested in going that route.
    Once you have flashed a ROM, you can get all your apps set up, and you can do a NAND back-up, this backs up everything, all your settings ect., including your apps.
    Hope this helps ya out, best of luck!

3. squirrellydw

squirrellydw Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2009
    Sorry about, I am not rooted, I have the 2.1 over the air update. Can I still use this?

4. ACD168

ACD168 Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2010
  5. roscuthiii

roscuthiii Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2010
    Physical Security Access Control Officer - or a se
    WA
    Nope, but as long as you're hunting for it you'll probably stumble across rooting instructions as well.

6. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary

Mar 5, 2010
    Male
    space alien ;)
    Indy
    Start here by immersing yourself in this section: All Things Root (Eris) - Android Forums

After reading through many of the stickied threads, you'll have a much better idea if rooting (and Evil Eris) are right for you.

P.S. it is for a lot of people...but there are many folks that have the option to root and have chosen not to (don't need it / want it). There are also a lot of folks that want to and can't (2.1 leakers).