• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Evo 101

Mr. KB

Dec 17, 2010
I'm new to the android world. I just moved from the apple world and I wanted to give the android phone (aka Sprint EVO) a try. I have some basic questions that are puzzling me:

how can you create add more apps to your home screen (or create another one)? My current screen won't allow any more apps and I have to remove/replace apps and that's not cool.

Also, is there a way to get multiple email accounts to show under one inbox.

Thanks in advance

If your how screen is full, much like on an Apple device, you cannot add more apps to it. You should have 7 different pages, which each should have some blank space somehwere. Simply hold your finger on a blank space, select "app" or "widget" depending on which you want, and then select from the available list to put it there.

As far as emails, I think there is currently only one email (gmail) that auto syncs into the mail app, although there are other apps you can get for other mail accounts (I may be wrong about the multiple accounts thing though).

Reactions: Mr. KB
Upvote 0
If your how screen is full, much like on an Apple device, you cannot add more apps to it. You should have 7 different pages, which each should have some blank space somehwere. Simply hold your finger on a blank space, select "app" or "widget" depending on which you want, and then select from the available list to put it there.

As far as emails, I think there is currently only one email (gmail) that auto syncs into the mail app, although there are other apps you can get for other mail accounts (I may be wrong about the multiple accounts thing though).
THanks for your help. One more question (well, one for right now). In apple can you move multiple apps from one screen to another via itunes; can you do something similar on the android?

Upvote 0
THanks for your help. One more question (well, one for right now). In apple can you move multiple apps from one screen to another via itunes; can you do something similar on the android?
Touch and hold the icon that you want to move. Then after a second it will 'lift' and you can then drag it to whatever open space you want.

Reactions: Mr. KB
Upvote 0
Thank you Critical Critic for your reply. I was doing some reading on jailbreaking (aka root) the phone. Is there a source to get what's needed to 'root' the phone?

Also, I'm using HTC Sync to sync my contacts/calendar from outlook to the phone. However, only some of the pictures assigned to the contacts are copied over. is there something that I didn't configure or another program that will copy over the contacts and assigned photos to my phone.

Upvote 0
Thank you Critical Critic for your reply. I was doing some reading on jailbreaking (aka root) the phone. Is there a source to get what's needed to 'root' the phone?

Also, I'm using HTC Sync to sync my contacts/calendar from outlook to the phone. However, only some of the pictures assigned to the contacts are copied over. is there something that I didn't configure or another program that will copy over the contacts and assigned photos to my phone.
EVO 4G - All Things Root - Android Forums

Sorry, I do not know about the syncing issue.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones