• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Evo 2.2 browser touch sensitivity issues.

Insolence

Lurker
Jun 17, 2010
So I just installed the evo 2.2 update and the browser is acting ultra ****y ever since. Mostly I've been having touch-undersensitivity issues. And I know for a fact that it's just the browser because I've been unable to duplicate the problem on other apps, including other browsers. I also know that it's not a performance issue because it will even happen on simple, basic sites like Google.

Basically, the screen will randomly refuse to scroll unless you put 374091781347.63 pounds psi of pressure on the screen. Also, when a flash object comes into focus on the screen (eg: a video) if you touch the object while trying to scroll, the page will refuse to budge at all. And god forbid if it's a particularly large flash object and takes up the entire screen, you're pretty much ****ed. :)

Also, another flash issue. Apparently holding down on a flash object no longer opens a context menu asking you if you want to stretch the object to full screen mode. If you tap, also, pound, swipe on the object long enough, if you're lucky you'll get an icon in the upper left corner of the object allowing you to stretch it to full screen.

So yeah, anyone else having issues like this? Anyone found any work-arounds?

Perhaps it has something to do with the screen protector. I am using the ZAGG InvisibleShield. What are you using? Is anybody else having this issue and if you are, do you have a protector on the screen and which kind??? The Zagg is a pretty think and sturdy protector and some of the other brands might make it easier for the Evo to pick up on where we are touching\scrolling. Hopefully it isn't the protector because it's a $20 item!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones