1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Evo 2.3.3 rom,kernal,tethering

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mankinda, Sep 20, 2011.

1. mankinda

mankinda Member
    None

Sep 13, 2011
    Hi guys
    i have tried reading all these threads and am still puzzled. I rooted my phone and have s off now from following revolution guideline
    can anyone help me get started and tell me what rom to get how to get it and i guess one that is supposed to help me get wifi on this phone so i can use my home computers .this is all new to me and i just dont get it with roms ,kernals,nandroid backups,etc..i simply want to use my phones wifi you guys have sent me links ,etc but i just dont get any of it..what i do know is when i reach hboot it does say s off

thanks

Advertisement

2. Rolly32

Rolly32 Newbie
    None

Nov 27, 2010
    South Texas
    So.. once you get to the Hboot white screen. Do you see something that says Recovery? If so, go to it. Once you click the power button to select Recovery, your phone will display a white screen acting like its going to fully boot up, but it will take you into recovery mode.

Once in recovery mode, to make a nandroid backup, go to Backup & Restore, and from there it will ask you if you would like to back up or restore. Select Back up to make a nandroid of your phone. Make sure to keep the first 3 items checked, and also select your wimax keys to backup.

Then go back, and select Reboot System.. Your phone will reboot..

As far as tethering goes, there is an App on the market called "Wireless Tether" download that, and tap the screen, and you should be able to broadcast wifi

3. mankinda

mankinda Member
    None

Sep 13, 2011
    i did that backup when i followed the rules on revolution so that was done.i just need to get tethered and was told i would need to flash a rom and have no idea which one or where and how to get it

4. Rolly32

Rolly32 Newbie
    None

Nov 27, 2010
    South Texas
    Well to tether your phone, you can use Wifi on your stock rom that you ROOTED.. I would use Wifi with my stock rom after I rooted my phone. I have done it plenty of times for about 7 months before flashing my rom recently to MikG2.5...

Here is the link in the Market for the wireless tether..

https://market.android.com/details?id=android.tether&feature=search_result

Just download on your phone through the market, and run it.. it might ask for super user rights, just allow it, and tap the screen to start the wireless tether

5. Rolly32

Rolly32 Newbie
    None

Nov 27, 2010
    South Texas
    Here's a review for the app, Now I know the user isn't using an HTC Evo, but he or she is rooted..

6. sha4000

sha4000 Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 16, 2011
    You can flash one of the mikg roms or synergy based roms and they have the wifi tetherer and hacked sprint hotspot built into the rom

7. mankinda

mankinda Member
    None

Sep 13, 2011
    i just downloaded wireless tehther again and it said not root

i dont have neccesary kernals

8. mankinda

mankinda Member
    None

Sep 13, 2011
    so could you tell me where to get the rom and how to flash it? I would really appreciate it

9. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

May 13, 2010
    Male
    being a flashaholic sponsor, helping others gettin
    los angeles
    look at the stickies of this forum. there is a http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all-things-root/284413-roms-kernels-download-page.html sticky. also you can head on over to EVO 4G Android Development - xda-developers as well to checkout the new roms.

in the http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all...ooting-dummies-guide-gingerbread-edition.html there is a section on flashing. follow the instructions there. also if you have not already done it, i would recommend that you switch recoveries to amon ra 2.3. in the guide there is also a section on recoveries and how to switch recoveries. but that is up to you.

Tags: