1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

General EVO 3d....bad paint job

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by akasan, Aug 3, 2011.

1. akasan

akasan Newbie

Love this phone, just got the 4000 extended battery. One issue. I don't like cases. I keep my phone in my front pockets, no other items. Paint has scrapped off along the edges revealing the silver underneath. Phone looks like I had it for a year instead of a month. Wassup with that?

Advertisement

2. NeoteriX

NeoteriX Android Expert

3. ProfeZZor X

ProfeZZor X Android Enthusiast

Too little, too late for me... Mine is literally in transit as we speak. No worries though. I had planned on custom painting it anyway.

4. akasan

akasan Newbie

Thanks for the link. I will take pictures when I get home and post for review.

5. akasan

akasan Newbie

As to why no pics....my phone is my camera...will break out the old samsung moment(in hell)

6. some.devil

some.devil Android Enthusiast

It's happening to mine but I don't care since it doesn't affect the performance of the phone. I just use a Sharpie to cover up the dings. I was even thinking of removing all of the paint and having a 2-tone silver trim phone :)

7. NCHornet

NCHornet Well-Known Member

Maybe a mirror??????? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

8. legacy

legacy Android Enthusiast

:eek: We have the technology!

9. oOMavrikOo

oOMavrikOo Android Expert

lol!

10. atistang

atistang Well-Known Member

mine is like this also, just another thing that lets me down about this phone

11. Thomas S

Thomas S Member

I have mine in an Otterbox. Don't have to worry about it getting scratched.

12. CarrieK

CarrieK Android Expert

I use a case as well. My phone looks brand new.

13. ProfeZZor X

I believe there are at least two or three extended battery cases to choose from. So it's hard to tell which one of those you have.

14. ashton4life

ashton4life Newbie

I agree with the first post. I have a half case that leaves the top side edges open. Well guess what? The top edge around the ear speaker hole has scraped off the black paint and its got a freaken silver line now. Yes this phone has a delicate paint job and requires a full face case to keep it that way. I'm gonna buy some semiflat black paint and fix it. HTC needs to toughen up the paint! I didn't even have my keys in my pocket but still got a freaken silver line to remind me not to put it in my pocket again! I have a side soft leather HTC belt pouch. :mad:

15. ProfeZZor X

I've had my Seidio extended case for a little over two full weeks now, and I have not had that problem whatsoever. But then I also have not dropped it either. I do lay it on a variet of surfaces though: anything from glass, hot metal, wood, silk, and other surfaces that might be a little abrassive. But in no way has it remotely affected the integrity or discoloration of my case.

I think once it gets to that point, I will paint it, or pray that Seidio comes out with an anodized aluminum version of the case.

16. dgrobe2112

dgrobe2112 Android Enthusiast

i wanna know how do you guys plan on painting this thing? i would like to black out my camera buttons too.. :)

17. dgrobe2112

here is what mine looks like.. today.. and i bought it on release day..

Attached Files:

18. madmax2k1

madmax2k1 Newbie

19. dgrobe2112

i like that case.. i got the otter box for it.. but the rubber was so loose on the phone.. that it didnt save it.. so.. i got an otter box just sitting in my drawer.. not being used..

20. Ronny71

Ronny71 Well-Known Member

I have the same problem...Only had it a month... I have the Seidio case for the 4000 battery right below the lip of the case you can see the the silver...

I have a Dickies leather case for it and right where the phone sticks out at the bottom of the case is where the silver can be seen...

I'm also pickin up sum flat black paint and touch it up...That will work for sure...Their paint on this definitely sux...:mad:

Tags: