• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

EVO 3D dock and other accessories coming soon.

htc-evo-3d-dock.png

That doesn't look like Sense... what is that?

Upvote 0
I'd certainly like to think it'll be June (and early, but that seems to be getting a bit less likely, despite that the Best Buy minion today told me unequivocally that it'd be June 4th, but "on the DL"). Most of this stuff was already known, but hey, nice to have it all gathered up in one place to go back and review.

htc-evo-3d-dock.png

That doesn't look like Sense... what is that?

Looks like the vanilla "clock" program, like if you want to set an alarm.

Upvote 0
Does this speak volumes about the launch next month and accessories?
HTC EVO 3D Accessories - First look at what's coming

Interesting find but hardly proof of June launch. Again interesting that most of the products say they will be available on or before 6/7/2011. Also they suck at Photoshop because that dock home screen is a Droid X screen. Still nice find on your part.

after careful thought it may be vanilla android dock screen as someone else pointed out but those icons look like Motorola to me.

Upvote 0
Does this speak volumes about the launch next month and accessories?
HTC EVO 3D Accessories - First look at what's coming

Thank you for this.

I have seen other items prior to this, but this has far more in that one link than I have seen previously. In particular, I like the hard shell holster case and the case mate barely there case. The hard shell would be perfect for my side pocket of my carpenter jeans. The barely there case would be perfect for everyday use and hide the red camera ring in the process.

Upvote 0
The writer said its going down in June. Enough proof for everyone?

I wouldn't call it proof. Look at their source by following that "pretty sure it will be next month" link. It shows the screenie we've known about for a while, with the "rough" June 4th date.

So while I think it's very likely the phone will be released in June, I wouldn't call this article proof.

Upvote 0
Google needs to start standardizing ports.

100000% agree with this, not necessarily Google, but the handset makers should. Glad that they supposedly are standardizing charging ports, and maybe if MHL takes off, it can be the standard? I don't really care what it is, just want one. Of course, then you'll still run into the docking issues of having ports in different places, but...meh, can't fix everything all in one go of it.

Upvote 0
The phone in the screenshot is running Froyo. You can tell by looking at the notification bar, it's grey. GB is blue. The E3D runs GB. So, either it's a older prototype of the E3D that ran Froyo, for some reason, or it is photoshopped in some way. And the icons, font, style, etc do look strikingly familiar to my Moto's icons when I ran Froyo.

Another explanation is that they got a E3D chassis to develop a dockstand, but it wasn't a working E3D. So they just photoshopped another screenshot from a different model with a similar screen size, and it probably was a DX.

Upvote 0
The phone in the screenshot is running Froyo. You can tell by looking at the notification bar, it's grey. GB is blue. The E3D runs GB. So, either it's a older prototype of the E3D that ran Froyo, for some reason, or it is photoshopped in some way. And the icons, font, style, etc do look strikingly familiar to my Moto's icons when I ran Froyo.

Another explanation is that they got a E3D chassis to develop a dockstand, but it wasn't a working E3D. So they just photoshopped another screenshot from a different model with a similar screen size, and it probably was a DX.

There's definitely some photoshopping going on. Even the perspective of the camera relative to the dock is not right.

They probably first photoshopped an image of the Evo 3D to look like it's inserted to the dock, warped it to try to match the perspective but somewhat failed (look at the top edge). Then they photoshopped a screenshot onto the phone, using an AOSP version of Android (that gray status bar is pre-gingerbread AND not Sense).

BTW, AOSP GB status bar is black, not blue.

That's Alarm Clock Plus.
You can find it on the market.
I really like it because it can speak the time and weather when the alarm goes off if you set it to do so.
It also displays the time like that when you have the phone on a charger.

Are you sure that's Alarm plus? My AOSP alarm/clock looks just like that. Am I missing some detail that gives it away as Alarm plus?

Upvote 0
There's definitely some photoshopping going on. Even the perspective of the camera relative to the dock is not right.

They probably first photoshopped an image of the Evo 3D to look like it's inserted to the dock, warped it to try to match the perspective but somewhat failed (look at the top edge). Then they photoshopped a screenshot onto the phone, using an AOSP version of Android (that gray status bar is pre-gingerbread AND not Sense).

BTW, AOSP GB status bar is black, not blue.

Are you sure that's Alarm plus? My AOSP alarm/clock looks just like that. Am I missing some detail that gives it away as Alarm plus?

It could be that ACP uses the AOSP front end but mine looks just like that when it is charging.

Upvote 0
I have A seidio desktop charger that I was using every night it was about 35 bucks. I am going to buy this one and I like the casemate pop kickstand case for 24.99 better than the HTC 29.99 one for some reason. Wish I could see them both in person and I wish the casemate one came in more colors. But I kind of like the white. Casemate has a 20% off memorial day weekend sale going on but the case I want says out of stock so you can't add to cart. I think the case has never come out yet but it says on or before June 29th which scares me. I really want this phone to be out on June 4th. I wiped my EVO the other night and deactivated it so I could sell it and the person was a no show and changed there mind. So I am using my Lotus until the 3D comes out. I already ordered Calrivue screen protector and will get a cheap case till Seidio and Casemate come out with theres.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones