1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Evo 3d gsm vs. cdma size and dimension (should be the same dimensions)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gluvva, Nov 20, 2011.

1. gluvva

gluvva Lurker
    None

Nov 20, 2011
    hey guys/ girls

new here but i just got one quick question. is the sprint(Cdma) version and the rogers (canada GSM) version the same size and dimesions? cause im looking at cases at ebay but some of them say "HTC evo 3d sprint case". so anyways just wanted to know the difference. Thanks!

Advertisement

2. DonB

DonB ♡ Truth, Justice and the American Way !! ♡ ™

Nov 30, 2009
    Male
    18th Hole Of the Golf Course
    Doing research on eBay, I found if I put Rogers EVO 3D case, it shows that the case for Sprint/Rogers/T-Mobile are all the same, hope that helps

gluvva and marctronixx like this.
  3. gluvva

gluvva Lurker
    None

Nov 20, 2011
    thanks. i already ordered it few days ago should be here tomorrow or tuesday. i checked gsm arena and looked at the dimesions it looked a little different but hopefully it will work. i hate buying cases in retail stores they too over priced.

marctronixx likes this.
  4. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Android Expert
    None

May 29, 2010
    Senior Software Engineer
    Wilmington, Delaware
    Vendors pull this trick to get people to think they need a specific case for their handset. That way, if cases are rare or hard to find for the handset, they can charge more sometimes. This could also be done so that people specifically looking for a certain carrier's version of a handset's case can find it easily. A lot of people will not buy a case unless it specifically says it is made for their carrier's version of the handset.

Oftentimes, they are exactly the same dimensions for the various flavors of the handset. Of course there are exceptions, like the Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus is thicker than the GSM counterpart, just to name one.

marctronixx and gluvva like this.
  5. gluvva

gluvva Lurker
    None

Nov 20, 2011
    well. my fingers are crossed. im really barely playing around with my evo 3d just because i dont want to scratch it or anything like that. i know it sounds an*l but i have always done the same and waited till i get a case and a screen protector. lol the thing is that in the front of the evo or the screen they have the htc logo on the left side in sprint version and htc logo in the middle in the gsm version. so thats what really got me wondering if they are actually different who knows.. if it doesnt fit ill probably have to end up buying it at retail for 3x the price.

marctronixx likes this.
Tags: