1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

EVO 3D Launch Day: Will you stand in line?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by BigMamma, May 18, 2011.

1. BigMamma

Who plans on standing in line for the EVO 3D? And how early do you guys/gals plan on arriving at the Sprint Store? I just want to make sure I get to the store before you guys/gals. For the EVO 4G I arrived about 30 minutes before opening and I was number 7 in line but that store sold out of phones and it was busy all day long.

isaemm likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. falconey

falconey Android Enthusiast

<----not standing in line. i'll probably purchase online unless I can get it before general public release.

marctronixx likes this.
  3. treven21

treven21 Well-Known Member

I won't be standing in line. I'll preorder it online if I can.

marctronixx likes this.
  4. ArmageddonX

ArmageddonX Android Expert

I'm disabled so I'll just bring my wheelchair hehe :)... I can walk but I can't stand/walk for long periods of time/distance.

That's what me and my Father do on Black Friday. Everyone has to stand for hours on end and I'm all comfy with my Coffee and chair. :p

I pre-ordered though, so hopefully it wont be an issue. ;)

5. BigMamma

I thought about pre-ordering but the Fed Ex guy and UPS will take forever. You guys are going to have your faces pressed up against the glass window of your homes and apartments. Awaiting the arrival of the delivery truck. But wait, he drives by your house. Then you click update once more on your laptop to track your package. It shows that your new EVO 3D is one city away and its on the truck. Damit!

ramonini likes this.
  6. treven21

I'll do all that so long as they give us a dang release date!!!!!!!!

7. momentandroid

momentandroid Newbie

pre ordered mine from best buy so i'll get a call close to release date for an appointment to be set up and i'll come in whenever i can :D

8. themuffinman75

themuffinman75 Android Enthusiast

Last year, I got to my sprint store an hour before hand and I was #7 in line. I don't think it will be as bad this time around but we will see. I guess it will also depend on when its released, I am currently out of town and I wont get back for a few more weeks so it depends. Come to think of it I hope it comes out before I go back home since where I am at doesn't have sales tax so I will be paying 199 and thats it.

9. deltatko

deltatko Well-Known Member

Same here, the best buy pre order is a thing of beauty

10. bobby2478

bobby2478 Android Enthusiast

+1. I definitely won't be waiting in line outside the store, I have to work and am not wasting PTO on that lol (assuming launch day is a week day).

Same as above, as it gets closer to release date BB will call to inform me when it will be coming into the store, and I can setup an appt so I can just walk in and not have to wait in line for a couple hours to get help. Just about the most painless and least frustrating way to do it IMHO. I'm not a patient person and simply don't have time or patience to spend hours waiting in line. I did that once for Black Friday and never again :cool:

11. BigMamma

Sprint opened on time and I was in the door probably 5 minutes after they opened. Then I had to wait for them to help the people in front of me with their phones. The people after me did have to wait but when I went back to the store later, nobody was waiting outside. It's the south and it gets hot in June after 8:00 AM.

12. skipbrown

skipbrown Member

I'll show up at my local store at 8, my buddy who happens to manage the store will have one set aside for me. I'll activate it and be outta there in 10-15 mins.

13. yourfriendmat

yourfriendmat Well-Known Member

I just remember getting there at 6am. I was the first in line (out of maybe 6). I live in a small college town, and my Sprint store got something like 20 units. All the college kids were gone, and I think it took them most of the day to sell all of them. I'm assuming something similar will happen this time around, so I'll probably just get there at opening. I preordered at BB as a back up, so if Sprint is out of phones for some reason, I'll just hope BB has their act together and go over there after :)

14. Fubie

Fubie Well-Known Member

Pre-ordering from RS and will arrive at store opening on launch day. I did BB EVO pre-order for launch day last year and had no wait. While being popular I don't think the lines will kill us.

15. alcohol

alcohol Well-Known Member

I will go first day if the reviews are good and bootloader isn't singed with an uncrackable HTC key.

16. kariya1

kariya1 Newbie

17. viber

viber Android Enthusiast

I will be in line first thing in the AM if my Nexus S situation isn't sorted before then.

18. treven21

I agree.....no need to stand in line. I'll order it online or just go in and get it when I know they have them available.

19. onpointG35

onpointG35 Android Enthusiast

lol that is so true it can b like 10-20 mins away and won't receive it by late afternoon

20. Jceinc

Jceinc Android Enthusiast

Pulmonary hypertension???

21. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

nah, i ordered through my sprint sales rep and it will be arriving no later than the 28th.

It isn't a big deal for me to wait through the weekend.

22. Putty

Putty Android Expert

Just as I did with the 4G, best buy will tell me what time to be there...in and out.

23. themuffinman75

themuffinman75 Android Enthusiast

Well, I am not sure what I am going to do. Can anyone actually confirm whether or not the june 21st premier orders will be received the 22nd or 23rd? If not then I may as well just go to the sprint store on the 24th right when they open.

24. ovrrdrive

ovrrdrive Android Expert

I'm #10 on the best buy preorder list here in my town. I'm pretty sure I'll get a call on launch day and just go by when I get a break at work and pick it up. Those of you that want it on launch day really should preorder...

25. thelonewizard

thelonewizard Android Enthusiast

I think in the "Release Date Confirmed Thread," someone quoted a Sprint Rep saying that if you're a premier customer and you order on the 21st, your EVO 3D will ship with overnight and it'll be there next day. The lady said they did that with all their phones. I don't remember which thread, but I remember I read it here on the forums.

HTC EVO 3D Forum

The HTC EVO 3D release date was July 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1730mAh battery.

July 2011
Release Date
Reviews