1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Evo 3D or Nexus S 4G?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by 8-Bit-Soldier, May 17, 2011.

?

Which would you get?

1. Nexus S 4G

75.7%
  2. HTC Evo 3D

24.3%
  1. 8-Bit-Soldier

8-Bit-Soldier Android Enthusiast

I'm currently thinking of switching to Sprint for $79.99 unlimited everything plan. But as of right now I can't decide what device I'd buy. The Nexus S 4G is Pure Google and will get all Google updates first-hand, but on the other hand I wouldn't feel comfortable sticking with a single-core phone for 2 years. The Evo 3D has the 1.2GHz dual core processor and Sense 3.0 (which I love) but I'm worried about the battery life. :( Which would you choose?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. TheBlackPrince

TheBlackPrince Well-Known Member

I would (and did) pick the Nexus S 4G. My reasoning is that the pure Google experience and the timely updates were more important to me than dual core as I don't play games on my phone that often. The Evo 3D will be a phenomenal phone though and you can't go wrong with either of these devices.

3. Agreed.

4. ArmageddonX

ArmageddonX Android Expert

I'm trying to wait for the SGII this Fall... but I have been considering going with the Evo3D or the Nexus S 4G as alternatives if my current phone kicks the bucket before the SGII comes out.

Not a lot of good stuff on the forums about the Nexus S 4G. Kind of scary... :(

5. NOMster

NOMster Android Enthusiast

Key word "forums" . You have to try it out yourself. It really is an awesome device. People want a 15 MP camera with ultra sonic zoom and a 5gig whirly core carousel processor. anything less is a midrange device. This phone is so responsive so snappy and clear and easy its ridiculous.

mdhall41 likes this.
  6. Nfinity

Nfinity Newbie

"People want a 15 MP camera with ultra sonic zoom and a 5gig whirly core carousel processor."

LMMFAO!!! :D:D:D So true! I'm debating the benefits of dual core processors myself.What to do, what to do...

7. MarkHirt

MarkHirt Guest

Last time I checked the current versions of android don't support dual core processing but it has to work better even if the os does not use it right?

Can I have interchangeable lenses with my camera please

8. nismospec

nismospec Member

^^^^^^^^^^^
    HA!

The phone market truly has turned into the whole car guy debate "my engine is bigger than yours".

9. bamhm182

bamhm182 Well-Known Member

I chose the Nexus S 4G for a few reasons. Mostly that the Evo 3D's release date/price hasn't been announced. It's not a decision I regret. This phone's AWESOME and I don't see myself having a desire to upgrade for a LONG time.

10. Around 4 June for EVO 3D boys.

11. I chose the Nexus for 5 things it has over the Evo 3D

1) Immediate official updates from Google
    2) S AMOLED display
    3) Free hotspot/tethering
    4) No Sense or Sprint bloatware
    5) NFC technology

12. MisterB

MisterB Well-Known Member

Isn't the tethering only free for the first month or so?

13. Nope. Its built into GB.

14. MisterB

Really? Why is sprint charging me $29 a month for this still, then? I upgraded from the evo today

15. mdhall41

mdhall41 Newbie

exactly my thoughts

yeah... I would love to play with the EVO 3D, but is a nifty camera really better than 1-4 on that list... I have to say NO. NFC I could care less about... but whatever.

I'm sure the EVO 3d will be great, but I had to go with the Nexus S.

16. Call Sprint and have them remove it like I did. They will give you crap at first saying they cant delete it like they did with me but insist and the will do it.

17. MisterB

Sweet! Yeah, I just did it myself by logging on to my sprint account online.

18. ArmageddonX

Wow, that is a huge selling point actually. Free Hotspot/Tethering?! Wow!

What's GB? You said it's "... build into GB"

19. 8-Bit-Soldier

8-Bit-Soldier Android Enthusiast

Gingerbread

20. ArmageddonX

Ohh wow... I feel dumb now LOL :D

So does this mean it'll be free on all 2.3+ GB devices?

21. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Not necessarily. Apart from a pure google device (e.g. a nexus phone), the carrier and manufacturer have more flexibility on what they can do to android.

22. Right. You need a Google phone like the Nexus because a carrier phone can easily be blocked.

23. ladyc0524

ladyc0524 Member

I'm in the same dilemma and ended up going with the Nexus S 4G. I'm pretty sure I would love the pure Google experience and besides, I had the original Evo and ended up selling that.

24. ArmageddonX

I still think overall the Evo3D is going to be more phone but don't shortchange Vanilla Android and the AMOLED display.

25. DMonee89

DMonee89 Lurker

im going for EVO 3D for the simple fact i need fast bc of the multiple things i do 100% of the time, EVO 3d will be the first dual core with gingerbread support for dual core, also HTC CEO has announced that the phone is coming with a UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER you have to love that, plus the 3D, nexus aint got nothing on that.

Nexus S 4G Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews