• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Evo 3D or Nexus S 4G?

Evo 3D or Nexus S 4G

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have sprint, and i get my upgrade in a week.
Im on the fence on which phone i want to get, being that each of them have their strong points.

For the Evo 3D, i dont really care about the 3D features, more of a gimmick to me, But i've heard it has more/faster processing power. More customization. I've also heard it's battery life isn't too great though.

I'm very much leaning towards the Nexus, the only thing i have a problem with is i've seen speed test on it that result with what i see as pretty slow for a newer android phone.

So if anyone can help me out, tell me their experiences with each phone, pros/cons, if they had any speed issues with the nexus, battery life issues with the 3D, and anything else important, would be greatly appreciated.

p.s. im upgrading from a Hero so im sure either will be a breath of fresh air. lol

Here is a specification breakdown and comparison:
Compare phones: HTC EVO 3D, Google Nexus S 4G - Phone Arena

Personally, I would get the Evo3D. It's going to be overall more future-proof.
The Nexus S does, however, run "Vanilla Android" and it's quick and snappy.

I hope you are happy with your choice. =)

Some highlights:
The Nexus S has a WVGA resolution Super AMOLED Screen and the Evo3D has a glasses-free 3D qHD-Resolution Super LCD. This translates to more saturated colors & deeper blacks on the Nexus S and a brighter & higher resolution display on the Evo3D.

The Evo3D support SD Card (expanded storage) of up to 32GB making it's total maximum capacity 36gb. While the Nexus S does not have an SD Card slot and supports the maximum of 16gb.

The Nexus S runs "Vanilla" Android. It's Android without any manufacturer user interfaces over it. You'll be guarenteed priority to future Android updates. The Evo3D runs HTCs "Sense 3.0" User Interface, and has some beautiful Widgets & cool features.

Upvote 0
IMHO it's no contest. I have two Samsung Galaxy S devices - Captivate / Epic, and two HTC devices - Evo 4G, Evo 3D.

My Evo 3D blows away the Samsung phones. Evo 3D hands down. Better OEM support, dual core vs 1 core, microSD card, etc.

I was on the fence about the Evo 3D when it first came out. Now having used it for almost a week, side by side with my other Android devices, it is not only proven to be an awesome device, but it blows all my other devices away, including my iPhone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones