• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Evo 3D 'pro' reviews

:thinking:

I'll assume you misread EarlyMon, since your statement is correct other than "That's correct" (or there have been massive changes that I missed). Currently all calls are NOT done over 3G (or 4G for that matter), but are done over their slower 1x network. 3G and 4G are used exclusively for data. As EarlyMon said, the CDMA radio is used for Voice and 3G, and the 4G radio is separate.

I'm not sure about Verizon doing calls over 3G or not, but their LTE radios are separate as well, just like the WiMax ones in Sprint units.

I was confused by the reviewer commenting that his call quality changed depending whether he was in 3G or 4G mode. I thought that wouldn't make a difference at all because the calls revert to 3G regardless.

Hmm maybe I need to listen to that review again. I've been watching too many over the past few days. lol

Upvote 0
I have to say, most of these reviews suck.

Almost everything negative in them is wrong. From screen readability to brightness to networking... Was there something wrong with the phones these guys got?

-Crissa

I agree! I am inclined to believe they didn't want to give it a positive review. Lol, I would love a dollar for every "3D is gimmicky" reference! This phone is awesome and I use MHL and 3D a lot! Oh, and did I mention the beautiful big screen and how fast and responsive it is!? ;)

Reactions: BenChase7
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones