1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

EVO 3d ROMs on EVO V

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Bodines1, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Bodines1

Bodines1 Lurker

Hey guys, first time posting here. I attempted to search for information regarding this but couldn't find anything concrete.

So, here is my understanding of the situation...

You can install EVO 3d ROMs on an EVO V as long as you downgrade your Hboot.
    To downgrade the Hboot, you need to be S-Off.

Is this correct? Am I over-thinking this? If I am correct, what version of Hboot do I need to have?

I ask because I would like to install some roms I found for the EVO 3D but am not sure how to go about doing it.

Thanks in advance!

2. Prinny

Prinny Resident Linux Nutcase

You're right: For the most part. IF you're staying sense-based, you don't need to S-Off. If you want to do AOKP/KingKang/CM10/etc, then you will need to S-Off and downgrade your Hboot.

Hope that clarifies things up a bit for you!

3. Bodines1

Bodines1 Lurker

Ok, ya I just really dislike the look and feel of Sense based roms, so I was thinking a CM10/MIUI rom.

Just to clarify, roms/kernels for the 3D work for the EVO V as long as I am S-off and downgrade the Hboot? I just want to get a really clear answer here so I don't brick my phone :)

4. Prinny

Prinny Resident Linux Nutcase

Correct. Its better to S-Off in the end, anyway. A LOT more options. I took thepluge after two months, and I don't regret it at all.

5. payterx

payterx Newbie

Official Cyanogenmod is being worked on for the Sprint EVO 3D. When it's released, it should just work no problems on VM right?

6. DragonSlayer95

DragonSlayer95 Resident Air Bender